Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Brink vs. Taxidermist Rd 4 Heat 5

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 July, 2022, 06:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well we'll start Round 4 with no gush of excitement. No giddy anticipation of the tough, enthralling ties to come. Instead to really fire up those juices with a service announcement! Turn around is so fast I've not been mixing up these thread openers the way I intended and just kept rattling on with the same ol' format (for the posts the comp ain't changing). I had plans and maybe next round but for now, well if it ain't broke and all that... what and EXPLOSION into Round 4 hey!

Will the modern classic give a stuffing to the grandmaster? Interesting contrast in thrills here, with very different tones, but both showing superb craft.

Form book:

Brink - Bye; Mercy Heights; Shako
Lawless - Bye; Maelstrom; Dry Run

Brink - more info

Vs

Taxidermist - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 9th July and the winner gets a place in Round 5 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Aaron A Aardvark

Ouch. Tge Taxidermist is sublime for what it is but Brink just seems more important.

Brink

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Should we just skip to the Brink vs Stront final?

I jest.

Brink.

SBT

AlexF

It's funny, this round. Heat after Heat of thrills where i like/love both entries, and I assumed I'd have a tough time voting but it's really not. Taxidermist is GREAT. Brink is better.

(although I don't think we'll get anything out of Brink with quite the same impact as Olympic staring, and Kurtis has yet to land upon a catchphrase as memorable as 'Tsk!')

abelardsnazz

Brink is a modern classic and yet I still laugh at the events of the future Olympics. Unlikely to progress any further but I'm voting for The Taxidermist.

IndigoPrime

Taxidermist is good. Brink is one of the best things to ever appear in the Prog. No contest.

Magnetica

As others have said the Taxidermist is good, but Brinkis better.

Barrington Boots

Got to agree with all of my fellow posters. Taxidermist is ace but Brink is superior.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Huey2

sintec

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 06 July, 2022, 10:09:44 AM
Got to agree with all of my fellow posters. Taxidermist is ace but Brink is superior.

Same - another vote for Brink here

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++