Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2024

Started by Dash Decent, 07 July, 2023, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 17 May, 2024, 03:34:43 PM
Quote from: Swerty on 17 May, 2024, 03:01:03 PMI think in this weeks Thrill-Mail they actually said they were from the Eagle reprints
Blimey! Well, let's hope they don't follow the reprints too closely...!

Evidence of crimes against comics (or CAC) right there.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.

Vector14

That's so bad it's funny. The top two panels look like a bad AI attempt to recreate the original.

Steve Green

I'd love to be surprised, but I wouldn't hold up too much hope that it's much more than just the Eagle reprints scanned and made into a trade.

Max Headroom

I have it on good authority, having liaised with the Rebellion team, that although this book will follow the Eagle Comics' colouring scheme, it will be tweaked so that the page ratio issues are addressed. I am reasonably reassured and will be going ahead with this purchase.

Le Fink

Quote from: Max Headroom on Today at 04:55:41 PMI have it on good authority, having liaised with the Rebellion team, that although this book will follow the Eagle Comics' colouring scheme, it will be tweaked so that the page ratio issues are addressed. I am reasonably reassured and will be going ahead with this purchase.

Let us know what you think. The colours shown in the screenshots in this thread put me off rather! I think B&W Carlos art should take colour quite well so I'd love to see it re-coloured using a more modern approach. Not enough money in it I suppose, shame.

IndigoPrime

QuoteAs part of Rebellion's continuing mission to hook a whole new generation on Thrill-power, strips such as Cadet Dredd, Departmetnt K and Pandora Perfect will find a new home in the [Judge Dredd Megazine].
Source.

Well, I didn't see that coming. So as to not derail this thread with Regened discussion, I've set up another thread here: https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=49750.0