Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceSpinner2000

IT'S OUR FOUR YEAR ANNIVERSARY! FOUR YEARS OF SPACE SPINNER 2000, FOR REAL THIS TIME!

In our thrilling two hundred and twenty-seventh episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 692-695 of 2000AD, covering August & September of 1990. This episode we'll say good bye to Medivac 318, at least one Harlem Hero, and several villains in Judge Dredd and Sláine, and hello to both Chronos Carnival and to Dry Run's little friend!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

AlexF

Catching up on old stuff here, but you know that Rogue Trooper movie mentioned in the RT Annual?
Could this be the film that ended up as Paul WS Anderson's 'Soldier' later in the 90s? I know that's more-or-less acknowledged to be a Rogue Trooper adaptation, and if anything it's based on the War Machine idea of a super soldier being sent to a battleworld and then has to face off against a new, improved but soul-less new super-soldier.

I actually saw Harley Cokeliss at a Q&A screening of Battletruck but I don't remember him fielding any questions about it.

sheridan

Quote from: AlexF on 05 October, 2020, 09:47:55 AM
Catching up on old stuff here, but you know that Rogue Trooper movie mentioned in the RT Annual?
Could this be the film that ended up as Paul WS Anderson's 'Soldier' later in the 90s? I know that's more-or-less acknowledged to be a Rogue Trooper adaptation, and if anything it's based on the War Machine idea of a super soldier being sent to a battleworld and then has to face off against a new, improved but soul-less new super-soldier.

I actually saw Harley Cokeliss at a Q&A screening of Battletruck but I don't remember him fielding any questions about it.

Interesting - it's not a film I've seen so don't have a frame of reference on how close a rip-off it is.  Are we talking Robocop or Hardware levels?

AlexF

Oh, not at close as either of those. He (Kurt Russell in this case) isn't even blue!
But he is a genetically engineered soldier with more of a conscience than his superiors would like...

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: AlexF on 05 October, 2020, 09:47:55 AM

Soldier, a movie that made me famous among my friends because I once did a tight five making fun of the concept of a "garbage planet" which features heavily in the movie's plot. For the record though, using a planet with a breathable atmosphere to dump all your trash is stupid, if you can move trash from one planet to another why not just dump it into the sun?
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

AlexF

"For the record though, using a planet with a breathable atmosphere to dump all your trash is stupid, if you can move trash from one planet to another why not just dump it into the sun?"

Because then where would you send Universal Soldier to have fun adventures while you're having important boardroom meetings?!? You gotta have a handy trash planet saved up for special occasions.

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: AlexF on 06 October, 2020, 09:24:53 AM
"For the record though, using a planet with a breathable atmosphere to dump all your trash is stupid, if you can move trash from one planet to another why not just dump it into the sun?"

Because then where would you send Universal Soldier to have fun adventures while you're having important boardroom meetings?!? You gotta have a handy trash planet saved up for special occasions.
The fact that it prevents Universal Solider plots is, if anything, an additional bonus! :D

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and twenty-eighth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 696-699 of 2000AD, covering September & October 1990. This episode we're at the end of a bunch of major thrills, Necropolis AND The Horned God end! As do Dry Run and Chronos Carnival, but those are a bit less noteworthy.

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

And stay tuned for the rest of the week, as we'll have the final Primer on Wednesday and the premiere of Big Meg One on Friday!

The Monarch

hey look at that you managed not to make the final primer a spoiler after all!

everything may end this issue but harlem heroes will never die. like that one turd stuck to your shoe its gonna be sticking to you for ages

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: The Monarch on 12 October, 2020, 04:29:17 AM
hey look at that you managed not to make the final primer a spoiler after all!

everything may end this issue but harlem heroes will never die. like that one turd stuck to your shoe its gonna be sticking to you for ages

Two more episodes of increasingly grumpy Harlem Heroes coverage to go! (for now)

SpaceSpinner2000

Holy crap, did I not post this yet!?!

BIG MEG ONE IS HERE!

In our mega first episode Eli and Conrad begin their patrol through the world of Judge Dredd with the first issue of the Judge Dredd Megazine, cover date October 1990. We'll also discuss the history of potential Judge Dredd comics, and generally get started for this amazing adventure!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

The Monarch

I was wondering why it wasn't posted here already

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and twenty-ninth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 700-703 of 2000AD, covering October & November 1990. This episode we've hit a big milestone and it's time for a big relaunch! Two new stories, two new thrills, and the Harlem Heroes keep rolling along!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and thirtieth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 704-707 of 2000AD, covering November & December 1990. This episode...aw jeez, what happened to my XXXXX rated movie?

Notes: Conrad is aware that Caligula wasn't actually rated X, and that Lord Kitchener is the UK Uncle Sam, not the US one. No need to write in about it!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

The Monarch

aw fox you poor sweet summer child.....

we should be due the 1990 spinnies soon shouldn't we?