Main Menu

Hello from hellish California

Started by hellscrape, 31 March, 2023, 03:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Dreadnoughts is especially good from that selection (and the second series is about to kick off in the Megazine).

Le Fink

Quote from: hellscrape on 31 March, 2023, 08:05:59 AMDefinitely a fan of the classic Era, and very much open to suggestions about modern tales.
Welcome! You've got some great reads ahead. To add to the other recommendations I'd suggest works by Ian Edgington in collaboration with D'Israeli or INJ Culbard. Scarlet Traces, Stickleback, Leviathan and Brass Sun all brilliant. Red Seas with Yeowell also excellent, and complete!

hellscrape

Thank you, Le Fink. I'll be sure to check those out once I get through my current backlog ... I'm going to need more bookshelves!

sheridan

Quote from: JWare on 31 March, 2023, 07:43:41 PM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 31 March, 2023, 07:21:46 PMIf you have hidden talents (writing/drawing/programming/model making)
...juggling/tap dancing/conjuring tricks/balloon animals/accordion playing/celebrity impressions/erotic motorcycle stunts?

You joke (about the last one, hopefully!) but videos have been submitted, so any of those others could be possible contenders!

Tjm86

Link Prime

Quote from: hellscrape on 31 March, 2023, 08:05:59 AMPersonal highlights include:
ABC Warriors: The Black Hole, just for that raw Bisley against the studied SMS
Nemesis the Warlock: the Talbot drawn stories are my personal favorites!
McMahon on Slaine... and Dredd...

To the Victor go the spoils.

I am with you 100% on those highlights. Welcome aboard.

Tjm86

Would also have to say, if you enjoyed Talbot's run on Nemesis you may want to check out Luther Arkwright (if you haven't already done so).  Amazing stuff.

hellscrape

I love me some Talbot! I have the Arkwright HC and the Grandville HC, as well as a 2-parter Batman tale he did ages ago. I'm looking forward to the newest Arkwright book, but will probably reread the first two, as it's been years since I've tucked into his side of the multiverse.

hellscrape

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cq69U-7LiKe/

Here's a link to my Instagram, where I posted up some quick snaps of most of my 2000ad collection. Most of this was amassed in the past year. Missing are a handful of graphic novels and Extreme Editions, as well as about 14 other collections I'm waiting on.

Oh, and decided to splurge and pick up Extreme Editions of PJ Maybe and Armoured Gideon/Slaughterbowl... splurging because shipping from the UK to USA isn't cheap!