Started by johnnystress, 07 March, 2006, 08:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnystress

For anyone who is still wondering just what the hell emo is;

Feel free to point
and mock,
cruelly
it means you don't understand

Link: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4056349448602781736&q=emo" target="_blank">oh shut up

http://www.sensitivityboosters.com/images/emo.jpg">

GordonR

It's a pity our society's short-sighted laws no longer allow you to beat children to within an inch of their lives.

DavidXBrunt

I'm with Gordon on this one, but that's mainly because I spent a goodly proportion of my teens listening to poetry like that and talking bollocks in praise of it in a futile attempt to get even so much as a quick fumble.

LARF

Step into a world where you can send teenagers to bed with no supper and tell them to grow up...

Step into a world where teen angst music is replaced by something that provides more aural pleasure than the scraping of a chair leg across sandpaper whilst a cat screams and fingernails scrape down a tramps back

Step into a world where your biggest fear is to be force fed mixed up teenagers thoughts in a mess of verbal bolognaise

Step into a world where black is banned...

etc. bollocks etc.

SamuelAWilkinson

Y'see, I was a miserable sod of a teenager. I didn't use it as an excuse to swan around in black and recite poems that sound like a dictionary had thrown up, mind. That kind of thing's just not on.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Rob Spalding

Pah, stoopid kids.
Papa Roach managed to get the best work out of that crap, there's a line in one of their songs that says the problem is "the media, the government or your family"  all the bases covered in just over 1 second, now that;'s how to do it.

Dunk!

I was hoping for some candle/hair tragedy to enliven the whole piece.
"Trust we"

Queen Firey-Bou

flippin heck, silly spoilt wee pratt wouldnt know hardship if it nicked her hair wax.

i couldnt help but wonder if she'd had a Uk accent would i have empathised a tad more ?

depression ?! don't have to be a fucking teen to know about deep BLACK misery, pah, i take her misery & raise her ten. silly cow.

Art

Bou, it's not actually a competition.

Max Kon

It's the current fad among teens, also cutting and self harm is seen as cool by them.

At least they are killing themselves out...

The Enigmatic Dr X

I watched to the end hoping for a comedy punchline. It never came.
Lock up your spoons!

Satanist

I hope she gets bullied. A lot.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Artificial Idiot

That's the problem, most of these people don't even get bullied! They whine about and hold grudges over the tinest little thing that any sane, normal human being would be annoyed about for a few minutes, then shrug off and get on with the important things in life.

That, and the whole emo style looks riduclous (which might be rich coming from me...)

Aaron Smurf Murphy

See, I got bullied a lot at school, names, punches, stones and had my hair set on fire once. The usual "he's a nerd" crap. And like the emo's I can't dress for shit most days.

On the other hand I don't write silly bugger poetry and procrastinate on video on the internet. That's just daft that is.

Finn

SamuelAWilkinson

It's the doing it on video over the internet that gets me. What, was she suddenly expecting us all to leap up and go 'my God, she's right! If it's on the internet, it must be relevant and useful, and definately not a total waste of electrons'?
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.