Main Menu

Judge Dredd TV series

Started by The Sherman Kid, 17 September, 2022, 10:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nxylas

Quote from: Funt Solo on 20 April, 2024, 08:41:00 PMIt's Judge Urko, not Jesus Urko. As a letterer, I'd have thought your attention to detail would be better, Jim. New glasses, maybe?
I remember Tom Frame saying at a con that one time when he was on a tight deadline, he managed to misspell his own name on a 2000AD credit card (the old handwritten Compu-73E type), writing it as Tom Frane.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Funt Solo

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 20 April, 2024, 08:42:20 PMYes, and be sure to keep us up to date on what your optician says.

Over eight hours now and still no update on the optician's appointment. I'm starting to think this appointment will never happen.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

judgeurko

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 April, 2024, 07:57:31 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 20 April, 2024, 05:12:47 PMIf there's any concrete info, they'd certainly be talking about it.

Basically, this. Jesus, Urko, how many times does someone need to tell you: "When there's something to say, you'll hear about it"...?
thanks

Steve H

I think everyone here want's it to happen. Is there anything we can do collectively to support this endeavour and help make the TV show a reality ?

IndigoPrime

Short of funding it or having some really amazing connections to money and/or industry people who wouldn't wreck the property or attempt to own it themselves, it's hard to see how, unfortunately.

The Legendary Shark

I guess there are things like petitioning arts funding organisations for help financing the project or starting some sort of "We Want Dredd" campaign but I'm not sure there would be enough interest.

Patience, optimism and encouragement seem to be the main things we can offer at the moment.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 27 April, 2024, 04:50:02 PMI guess there are things like petitioning arts funding organisations for help financing the project or starting some sort of "We Want Dredd" campaign but I'm not sure there would be enough interest.

It's not about the level of interest, it's literally about the insane amount of money required. Minimum table stakes for this sort of thing on a major streaming service is $10 million per episode.

For something like a Dredd TV series, which is going to require purpose-built sets and FX elements for pretty much every shot, I suspect we'd be waaaay over a $100M budget for an 8-10 episode season.

My gut feeling is you'd be talking about $250M for a full season. This, based on a property that didn't make its money back on a $50M movie...? That's a tough sell.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

And that's before we even get to the idea of the "hero" being a mega-mass-murdering fascist. 

Even though I do want to see this project come to fruition, part of me is relieved that Dredd isn't as popular as, say, Captain America with the wider public.

Is there something wrong with us for being Dredd fans...?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 27 April, 2024, 09:02:22 PMMy gut feeling is you'd be talking about $250M for a full season.
Come on, chaps!
Show a little twothy spirit!
A quick whip-round and we'll have that jolly old quarter billion in no time!

(A cake sale, maybe?)
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Funt Solo

I'm not sure where you guys are getting your figures from - I'm pretty sure that a quick eye check up is only in the region of twenty or thirty quid.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++