Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Means they'll have to reissue. What a waste of money. Too much copy/paste going on between editions, rather than starting with a generic template. (Hence why some volumes have end papers from another book.)

abelardsnazz

Thanks for the replies. I did get some wrong endpapers in both this and the Dredd collection, but wasn't too bothered about those. To mess up the spine image though is another thing.

The Monarch

leethomson

As long as the numbering's right I'm not in the slightest bit fussed about the spine. I think reprinting for that sake is a total waste. Is the spine image really that big of a draw? How many people have the horizontal space to display the whole collection? I'd rather have the titles on the spine, to be honest.

Tomwe

Quote from: leethomson on 23 July, 2020, 03:04:29 PM
As long as the numbering's right I'm not in the slightest bit fussed about the spine.
It's just the same thing twice.

IndigoPrime

I'd rather have the titles, but that's not what we have. And given that Hachette makes such a song and dance about the spines, they should get this right. FWIW, they've already confirmed another run, and so I imagine subs will get one unless they specifically ask to not get a replacement copy.

Incidentally, has anyone here looked at adding titles to the spines? I can't imagine there's any good solution that wouldn't stick out in a horrible manner, but then I'm a long way from my days of print.

leethomson

Quote from: Tomwe on 23 July, 2020, 03:06:48 PM
Quote from: leethomson on 23 July, 2020, 03:04:29 PM
As long as the numbering's right I'm not in the slightest bit fussed about the spine.
It's just the same thing twice.

Well, fair enough, that is a pretty stupid cockup.

Tomwe

Remaining covers up to the end of the original 80 now on FP:

Bad Andy

Well I normally wouldn't give a monkeys about spines, but it would seem a shame to mess this up at this late stage.

Incidentally really enjoying Robo Hunter Book 2

Jade Falcon

So is this Savage book the exact same as the The Guv'nor trade paperback by Rebellion?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Tomwe

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 24 July, 2020, 02:42:53 AM
So is this Savage book the exact same as the The Guv'nor trade paperback by Rebellion?
The Savage book contains Taking Liberties (1387-1396), Out Of Order (1450-1459) & Double Yellow (1526-1535)
...which I now see is the same as the 2007 Rebellion book "Taking Liberties"

sintec

Quote from: Bad Andy on 23 July, 2020, 10:32:08 PM

I'm glad someone did - that was my least favourite book from the entire collection.

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 24 July, 2020, 02:42:53 AM

Yes. And bloody good stuff it is too. Really glad we're getting another 2 volumes of this in the extension.

abelardsnazz

The next Savage volume from the (still unofficial?) extension is subtitled The Guv'nor, so presumably that will reprint the equivalent Rebellion volume - the page count from Barney fits. The third volume should take us up to book 9.

Bad Andy

Quote from: sintec on 24 July, 2020, 09:29:12 AM
Quote from: Bad Andy on 23 July, 2020, 10:32:08 PM

I'm glad someone did - that was my least favourite book from the entire collection.

Well I reckon I've only read about 15 books so far, but I'm pretty sure there will be worse in there. I'm only three stories in and am aware of the problematic depictions in the football story later on.

Having said that I originally read those stories in the early 90s and I always perceived them as a parody of the racial depictions in the media in the 1970s. Wonder if I will still think that on revisiting it.

Arkady

Same spine cock-up here. Have they confirmed whether all subscribers will get one automatically yet?