Main Menu

2000 AD Online Code of Conduct

Started by Wake, 12 June, 2007, 04:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanky

How does it know?! I don't remember ever having to enter my D.O.B to register. I could be 7 1/2...

Peter Wolf

I was caned once for swearing at a teacher for swearing at him in front of the whole class .         I was given the option of detention or caning .i chose caning as it was over with quickly and it meant i could get away quicker and go and enjoy myself elsewhere.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Byron Virgo

I don't think, in the four or so years that I've been here, I've ever heard Wake swear before - that actually has genuinely shocked me. But in a good way.

Noisybast

Good point. Has he just violated his own Core Concept (TM)?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Wake

You may not remember it, but you did. One of my cousins is exactly 4 years older than you.

The certification doesn't cross reference with the DoB you put on registration, since the message board can be viewed without registering. The point is that if you say you are 15+ when you aren't then you (or your parents) can't complain about the tone of the board not being fit for your age group.

Cheers,

Wake

Tanky

Aaahh! I get it. Frankly I can't remember what happened last Tuesday so it's no big surprise! There was me thinking the hive mind had evolved :)

Dog Deever

The point is that if you say you are 15+ when you aren't then you (or your parents) can't complain about the tone of the board not being fit for your age group.

Quite right- fuck them, lying bastards!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

mechanix81

God, this is so fucking gay. 'anti-religious'? Does that mean generally, like 'there is no god',

or does that mean specific like 'had the winesses round the other day'?

Cos if it is, should one not be allowed to talk about one's own religion? I mean, look at most of the work of Pat Mills, with his takes on organised religion. If we can't do it in a contained e-space via a dialogical discourse, then surely he shouldn't be able to do it in a medium that is monological and has a larger effect threshold than a message board.

You can't have one rule for most and another for Pat, you know. Or look at the Megazine having reprinted Preacher.

This is just contradictory and fudged.
Dawn of the first day. 72 hours remain.

Tiplodocus

I don't have a problem with this.

As long as Famke's Underwear thread remains safe.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Matt Timson

Surely everything you've ever written violates the code?
Pffft...

Tiplodocus

Nothing that could cause offence in any of my... oh, hang on.

I do worry when people get overly sensitive about things that people might find offensive. I did a gig on Tuesday night and actually used a punchline that involved a reference to little missing Madeleine.  There were a few tuts and intakes of breath but it was mostly laughs; people realised it was not mocking her situation in any way.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

VampiraJen

I can see the day when you have to sign a form to go into a pub and beer glasses have 'warning:contains beer' on them.

soya milk says on it: allergy advice - contains soya

Peter Wolf

I think that if i can keep my mouth shut  then this will all blow over and everything will be as it was before.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Vampiejen   :      I replied to your    Hmmm ?   post by the way.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Art

http://www.boingboing.net/cross%20and%20switchblade2.jpg">

-Dunk!-