Main Menu

Hello - New 'old' reader

Started by JudgeOiNK!, 20 April, 2015, 10:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeOiNK!

Hi everyone,

I'm still a new reader... although can I still say that since I've been reading since Prog 1900 from last year and since then I've subscribed to both comics (actually did so within a couple of weeks), got my letter printed in Prog 1917, received the gorgeous When Judges Go Bad graphic novel for that, also won Phase One and Two of Zenith through the comic's FB page and have bought and consumed the first two volumes of the Judge Dredd Complete Case Files.  Also been invited to and met up with the Belfast 2000AD Discussion Group lot once so far too.  You could say I'm rather taken with 2000AD!  And all at the tender young age of, um, 37.

I've had a look around the board and it seems very different to other discussion forums I've joined in the past (though I see I'm not the only one who thinks this) and it actually looks like a nice place to hang out during work... I mean at home!

One quick question, how do I edit my profile and add a picture?  Or is that something else we can't do until we become a full member?  If so, no worries, I completely understand the reasoning behind that.

Looking forward to getting stuck in and getting to know people,

Phil.
Blog - http://the-oink-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce

Montynero

maryanddavid

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Fungus

Wotcher OiNK!
It's not a bad corner of the internet, is it?

Colin YNWA

Hello there, good to hear that you have dived head long into the world of 2000ad. You have a whole load of fun to catch up with.

As for the getting rights things we have a magic elf of sorts that comes along and does these things to you. You'll see soon enough.

Have fun.

Dandontdare

LOLZ - Noob can't post pix. U must be a gay peedo! Hope u get canser.

See? we can be like the rest of the internet!

Welcome aboard  :wave:

Spaceghost

Hello OiNK!

Poo Poo Tinkle Tinkle Parp Parp Oink Tiddly Widdly Widdly Widdly Plop to you.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Buttonman

Quotegot my letter printed in Prog 1917,

Phil's claim checks out - PHIL BOYCE BELFAST 1917 YES - one letter only but 100% Letters of the Week.

Welcome on board Phil!

JudgeOiNK!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!  ZenArcade - I'm guessing that's who I think is, and that'd be the person who invited me in the first place...?

Dondontdare, very good impression of the internet there.  Spot on in fact!

Spaceghost, very good!  Hope you've got the dance moves down too...

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce

judgerussell

I invited you to the B2DG.
Hope you enjoy the forum. They're all a good bunch.
I hope you are booked up for Belfast Comic Con!

Prodigal2

Welcome mate from a fellow Norn Iron reader.

JudgeOiNK!

Aha!  judgerussell, thanks for the invite indeed!  The con is looking unlikely unfortunately due to bad timing finance-wise, but we'll see nearer the time for sure!

Hey there Prodigal2, thanks for the welcome!

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: JudgeOiNK! on 20 April, 2015, 10:57:59 PM
One quick question, how do I edit my profile and add a picture?

Not sure of your forum privileges yet, but otherwise just look above your name in [bProfiles[/b] up top and click on that and then Account Settings, I think.

About your privileges, I wouldn't know about those myself, I have been here since before the message board got it's make-over.

Some of the mods here might believe I could do with earning those properly myself, me thinks.

Are you local to the U.K., or American or a Aussie.

Forgive me if your not from any of those I only bothered to mention.

JudgeOiNK!

Hi ThryllSeeker, I'm in the UK and just joined so patiently waiting membership once they see I'm not a spammer etc and am actually here to join in.  I can understand why they do it, and looking around the forum I think it's paid off as its full of actual decent people!  The conversations are great and I can't wait to be able to join in the weekly Prog discussions.

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce