Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 27 June, 2019, 01:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: broodblik on 13 November, 2019, 06:21:19 PM
The hardcover version's cover:

I didn't know there was a hardcover option! Cheers, Dash.

Max Headroom

Just ordered my lovely hardcover of 'Third World War'. Does anyone know how many volumes this will stretch to?

Dash Decent

Quote from: Frank on 13 November, 2019, 06:32:45 PM

You're welcome Frank, but all credit to Tjm86 and broodblik.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Frank on 13 November, 2019, 06:32:45 PM

As inevitably there shall also be a limited edition hardcover version of  Slaine: The Horned God.

Speaking of all things Pat:

The Concrete Surfer Paperback, 80 pages, 25 June 2020.

"Sent home to Britain after her parents fail to establish a new life in Australia, Jean Everidge is forced to rely on family charity, moving in with her Aunt, Uncle and cousin Carol, successful gymnast, beloved of teachers and pupils alike, and all round charming "top girl". Jean has one solace left to her - skateboarding, surfing the concrete pavement, while forgetting all her troubles, and feel free.

"But Jean's freestyling talent soon attracts attention, and if there's one thing Carol can't stand, it's being out of the spotlight. With the new skatepark freestyle contest coming up, just how far will Carol go to stay number one?"
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Tomwe

Had to do an interiors search - Concrete Surfer looks great!

O Lucky Stevie!

Stunnimg, Isn't it?

Stevie's really looking forward to this. Partly to test his hypothesis that Third World War is ABC Warriors written for girls comics.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

broodblik

Another few pages of Concrete Surfer:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Never heard of Concrete Surfer nor Christine Ellingham. Was pretty damned impressed by that fantastic cover, but even more so now I've seen some interiors. Just brilliant art. Really looking forward to reading this one.

broodblik

The Action Special 2020 will be bagged with the banned edition, is this only applicable for the non-digital version or will we who gets it digitally also receive the banned edition ?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Richard

TordelBack

Incredible art, how have I never seen any of this before?  Good interview with Ellingham here  Some talent!

Colin YNWA

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: TordelBack on 17 November, 2019, 06:24:54 PM
Incredible art, how have I never seen any of this before?  Good interview with Ellingham here  Some talent!

Given that this is representative of the standard that a 16 year old Sean Phillips had to compete with when he started out in girls' comics it is little wonder that he is so good.

broodblik

CalHab

Glad to hear that. The last Regened prog was very well done.