Richard

The Dead

Firekind

Summer Magic

Zenith

Lobster Random

The Zaucer of Zilk

Tomwe

Some other recent long running strips like Defoe would be welcome. Thinking about that chart that shows how much overall Tooth is already collected it feels like they've shot their load with the true classics already. VCs & Dan Dare maybe for vintage strips. Flesh. I'd want The War Machine and Strontium dogs.

Jade Falcon

Perhaps also Leviathan, Jaegir.

If there was a Dredd book, Black Atlantic.

More Savage, but that would be more than has already been printed, so unlikely.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

bedlamvr

Quote from: moly on 01 July, 2019, 06:49:23 PM
With regards to a possible extension what would people want to expect

I would like to see some indigo prime / winwood and cord

The other I would like to see is zeneth

The Monarch

anything by john smith....just anything

leethomson

John Smith for sure, but also newer stuff like Absalom, Scarlet Traces, Brass Sun,
Brink, Ten Seconders etc.

sintec

Following on from things already in the collection:
3rd book of Kingdom
More SinDex
Absalom (hopefully compiling everything from Cabs V2 up to and including the strip currently running in the prog)
2nd book Stickleback (again hopefully collection everything published to date)
More Savage (looks like there's a lot more than the 2 vols we're getting)
More ABC Warriors (I suspect we're not getting all the Return to stuff in the remaining vols)
More Dredd (Dominion maybe?)
Are we missing any Strontium Dog or will we be complete by the end of the collection?

New titles:
Brink
Zenith (I suspect this one is unlikely)
Red Seas
Firekind
Indigo Prime
Scarlet Traces
Brass Sun
Jaegir
Leviathan
Cradlegrave
The Ten Seconders

Early years (as Tomwe said this is pretty well mined already):
Flesh
VCs
Shako (I blame the Space Spinner 2000 guys for making this sound good).

Some subset of that lot would be lovely.

seitani

I've rekindled my love for dredd books and started collecting these hachette partworks books and now i have all the most well known story archs. So what do you recommend for so called "sleeper hit" books that i should collect. I live in Finland so i've mostly had to use ebay and amazon to buy these.

sintec

Quote from: seitani on 03 July, 2019, 06:02:51 PM
I've rekindled my love for dredd books and started collecting these hachette partworks books and now i have all the most well known story archs.

I'm assuming this means you've got most of 1-6 and 31-51 which to my mind covers most of the big Epics.

Others worth grabbing if you can find them:

70    Mad City
84    Crazy Town
85    Tales of Ordinary Madness
Are all superb.  Mostly focusing on crazy citizens doing mad things.

90    Lawless
Simply stunning; story and art are truly next level. This is a masterpiece of Dreddverse comics.  Insurrection is from the same author and is kinda a prequel and also well worth considering.

28    The Life And Crimes Of PJ Maybe
By far the best of the "baddies" compilations.

82    Day of Chaos: Aftermath
If you've not got it already some good follow up stories from DoC

After that it really depends how much you want to get into the non-Dredd Dreddverse stories.  There are 7 volumes of Anderson stuff which is all pretty decent. 3 volumes of Devlin Waugh which are superb (14-16).  I really loved the Low Life and Simping detective stuff (19-21) and they're a great intro to the Trifecta arc.  And the 3 Missionary Man volumes (64-66) are great as was Cursed Earth Koburn (67).

Volumes to avoid imo:
13    Stars of Psi Division
17    Weird Science
27    Fallen Angels
56    Beyond Mega-City One
57    Calhab Justice
58    The World At Law
59    Behind The Iron Curtain
76    Klegg Hai!

Rately

I really hope an extension means they collect brink, and some John Smith stuff.

sintec

I seem to recall discussing if Brink might make an extension sometime in the past and discovering all 3 runs would be too much for 1 vol - first 2 would be plausible though.

DrRocka

Can I inject some positivity into this thread? I've been getting mine from my local comic shop since day one, and the latest Slaine just landed (49, I think). Very pleasantly surprised- been getting narked off with the sheer amount of Slaine and ABC's in this collection, but I really enjoyed Treasures Of Britain.
Yes, one or two of the volumes have some printing issues, but mostly I'm thrilled that my collection is building up nicely and I've always got something to read. Also (in the case of Sinister Dexter and Dante, for example), I've found myself really enjoying some strips that I've never been able to get into in the prog, which has been a wonderful surprise!
Todays been a day of catching up on some volumes I've not got round to reading, and even if some leave me cold (genuinely can't see what's so good about ABC Warriors), I've had a great day just losing myself in the Galaxy's greatest. So glad I went along with this collection from the beginning.

PS. Come on, this collection NEEDS Zenith!
Never ever bloody anything ever

moogie101

Quote from: DrRocka on 03 July, 2019, 10:40:37 PM
Can I inject some positivity into this thread? I've been getting mine from my local comic shop since day one, and the latest Slaine just landed (49, I think). Very pleasantly surprised- been getting narked off with the sheer amount of Slaine and ABC's in this collection, but I really enjoyed Treasures Of Britain.
Yes, one or two of the volumes have some printing issues, but mostly I'm thrilled that my collection is building up nicely and I've always got something to read. Also (in the case of Sinister Dexter and Dante, for example), I've found myself really enjoying some strips that I've never been able to get into in the prog, which has been a wonderful surprise!
Todays been a day of catching up on some volumes I've not got round to reading, and even if some leave me cold (genuinely can't see what's so good about ABC Warriors), I've had a great day just losing myself in the Galaxy's greatest. So glad I went along with this collection from the beginning.

PS. Come on, this collection NEEDS Zenith!

I'm looking forward to this Slaine vol as well, ties in with when I stopped reading 2000AD so will all be new to me & interested to see where the story goes.

Personally I'm loving the series as it's a mix of the classics I read as a kid & a lot of the new stuff (to me anyway) which has been great & deserves its place in the collection.

I agree about Zenith in the extension.
Would also love to see Luke Kirby, as well as vague memories of loving both Mean Arena & Harry 20 on the hard rock.
Very surprised neither Flesh or Shako have made the original run to be honest.
Also stunned that such a popular character as Dredd only has 3 books out of 80, yeah I know we've had the Mega Collection but there is a lot of great stuff that wasn't included in the 90 books that would fit in nicely here.

Jade Falcon

Well last time I hadn't been able to pick up my order so this week was Future Shocks and another blasted Slaine book.  Neither exactly a top choice, but I'll keep an open mind.

I'm trying to think what could appear in an extension.

I'm surprised none of the sports strips like Harlem Heroes/Inferno or Mean Arena/Mean Streets.  Personally I'm not bothered as I have the Harlem/Inferno phonebook and I don't think Mean Arena was a particularly great strip if I remember right.

It would also depend on how long an extension would be, whether it would be the same as Dredd, 10 books, or more.

I am surprised Flesh isn't there, it may be a bit cheesy by present standards but still....Shako is another puzzling one.  Again its a bit dated and I was lucky enough to pick up the trade from a charity shop.

I do suspect that the lack of VC's is because we already have a number of future war strips, Rogue Trooper, Bad Company and portions of ABC Warriors.  The VC's in my opinion dated better than some and the relaunched strip set some years later was pretty good in my opinion.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov