Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 26 October, 2017, 01:56:46 PMbut the vast majority are excellent, particularly impressive given O'Neill's ultra-fine line and obsessive attention to background detail.
The fine details appear to have survived very nicely, as also have the letratone areas. Those often suffer in reprints, but are really strong here. It's a much stronger repro job than in the Halo Jones book (which still wasn't bad).

In other news, Mrs IP just burst into the office saw the 2000 AD wallet, wondered what it was and demanded she get to take the thing out of its little plastic sleeve. I'll get her reading these books yet! (She does read the odd comic, but is very much not keen on 'endless' tales. So even thought she's been buying me Saga, she's not read any of it herself as yet.)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 October, 2017, 02:00:33 PM
Was this endorsement the price for getting a certain story under hard-covers, hmmmm?

Busted.

I may also have had a small hand* in another (as-yet-unannounced) Rebellion re-print volume that I think is going to look verrry nice indeed. :-)

* Insert Donald Trump joke of choice here.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tomwe

Quote from: Arkady on 26 October, 2017, 01:02:43 PM
When can we expect to hear about Issues 9 & 10? It feels like ages since we learned about Issues 6-8, though my memory is dreadful.
Merry Christmas Arkady (courtesy of Forbidden Planet):
The Ultimate Collection: Issue 8: Nikolai Dante: Volume 1

The Ultimate Collection: Issue 9: Nemesis The Warlock: Volume 2

The Ultimate Collection: Issue 10: Judge Dredd: Return Of The King

Ultimate Collection: Issue 11: Robo Hunter: Volume 1

Ultimate Collection: Issue 12: Nikolai Dante: Volume 2

Arkady

That's all my Christmases at once! Are those mocked-up covers though?

Arkady

Woah someone's been quick on the Wikipedia article.

Tomwe

Quote from: Arkady on 26 October, 2017, 03:21:03 PM
That's all my Christmases at once! Are those mocked-up covers though?

Yeah, expect so for solicitations only. Same as was for Kingdom and SD vol1. Dante ones may be final?

So... what's in "Return Of The King" hm?

Arkady

Isn't 'Return of the King' the story where Judge Silver comes back as a zombie post-Necropolis?

Southstreeter

Sod it, I'm in for Nemesis. Anyone wanna buy three phone books?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Arkady on 26 October, 2017, 03:24:51 PM
Isn't 'Return of the King' the story where Judge Silver comes back as a zombie post-Necropolis?
Yep. Which would be... odd for this collection (to say the least).

moogie101

Seems weird that we are getting two nemesis and Dante books so quickly when you consider how many slaine  books they are doing. And weird dredd choice as well.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: moogie101 on 26 October, 2017, 05:34:49 PM
Seems weird that we are getting two nemesis and Dante books so quickly when you consider how many slaine  books they are doing. And weird dredd choice as well.

Rather weird to give us the Nemesis Gothic Empire/ Black Hole stories before we've even met the ABC Warriors! If they had run the Meknificent Seven volume first this would have worked nicely as a 'getting the gang back together' reunion. Ah well.
@jamesfeistdraws

Tomwe

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 26 October, 2017, 05:38:28 PM
Rather weird to give us the Nemesis Gothic Empire/ Black Hole stories before we've even met the ABC Warriors! If they had run the Meknificent Seven volume first this would have worked nicely as a 'getting the gang back together' reunion. Ah well.
Just realised we know issues 13 & 14 too, which are ABC Warriors 1 and Rogue 1, so they're not too far behind that second Nemesis book.

Goosegash

I'll definitely be grabbing the Dante books as I've only got the crappy DC editions of Vols I & II, with their awful washed-out colouring and smudgy lines. Worth a tenner for an upgrade.

sheridan

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 26 October, 2017, 05:38:28 PM

That's how I was introduced to the ABC Warriors - my first view of Ro-Jaws was when he valeted for Nem on Britannia.

The Monarch

so is this the death of chief judges book we were wanting in the mega collection or a weird new name for a collection like klyslers mark?