Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

Bear Me Bear, are you attending the discussion group tomorrow evening? Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Definitely Not Mister Pops

What channel is Braveheart on tonight then?
You may quote me on that.

ZenArcade

I'll be signing off soon, can I just wish all of the Scottish boarders here the very best in your momentus day tomorrow. Get to the polling stations safely and cast your vote in what ever fashion your conscience dictates....hopefully a yes.  Slan agat Z

M.I.K.

Here's some information I've collated to help you make up your minds when voting tomorrow...

You're welcome.

8-Ball

Quote from: King Pops on 17 September, 2014, 09:20:06 PM
What channel is Braveheart on tonight then?

As someone who hails from Bannockburn/Stirling don't get me started on that fucking Hollywood confection. :thumbsdown:
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

ZenArcade

Oh and Before sign off, can someone tell Richmond to go to bed, he has a very busy day at the c**t tomorrow. Z
Oh and seeing as he's from NI, keep an eye on him as he probably adheres to the well worn old NI habit of voting early and voting often (at the same election for the uninitiated).

I, Cosh

Oh, for fuck's sake! Halfway through a TL;DR screed to beat the band and only Slough Feg knows where it went.

Recap: good stuff guys; fuck geography, I'm a Bannersist internationalist but I still don't know how to vote; other stuff
We never really die.

8-Ball

I don't want to sound like a broken record but here is another example of the wrong-headed nonsense that Scotland will be up against come tomorrow...

If Scotland vote yes ( I hope so) the rUK will immediately take steps to defend the interests financially, socially and politically of the remaining 58 million people. If Scotland vote no (seems likely) the rUK politicians will begin the process of removing the current levels of advantage given to the Scots under the Barnett formula and to shift as many powers and assets as they can south of the border to ensure that the next time you have a vote ( and you surely will) there will be even less reason to make the leap of faith required.

The choice is with the Scots but one thing you can all be sure of is the rUK will be better off financially, socially and politically whichever way the Scots vote today.

Bleurgh. And the abuse that Andy Murray is currently getting for coming out on the YES side is sickening. :(
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Fungus

Quote from: McNulty on 17 September, 2014, 09:08:19 PM
You should see what they are writing in comments threads in Youtube and some newspapers.

Not really interested. I thought we were agreed it was all angry, prejudiced, godawful abuse some time ago ?-)

Anyway, off tonight to vote. Good Luck Scotland and her neighbours today.
Keep the heid.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Frank

Voted at 7:35am, because I'm hardcore. They'd obviously made preparations for being more busy than usual with folk who don't ordinarily vote, because there were three desks of people doing the thing with the ruler and the list, and a nice lady who told you which desk you were supposed to use greeting you at the door.

According to the radio, the rate of return for postal ballots was as high as 89% in some areas; if the turnout today is within a few percent of that it would be the greatest response to a national ballot since the nineteen-fifties. If the turnout doesn't quite hit those heights it won't be the fault of the organisers - cars decked in YES or NO flags running folk to the polling stations go by every five or ten minutes.

If the vote's as close as the polls suggest, who wins might come down to which campaign can get most of their elderly and disabled voters out and into voting booths.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sauchie polling station on 18 September, 2014, 04:58:51 PM
According to the radio, the rate of return for postal ballots was as high as 89% in some areas; if the turnout today is within a few percent of that it would be the greatest response to a national ballot since the nineteen-fifties.

Not sure if it's confirmed, but I've just seen a tweet saying that the polling station in Falkirk is already closed because they've had 100% turnout.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Frank

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 18 September, 2014, 05:34:47 PM
Quote from: sauchie polling station on 18 September, 2014, 04:58:51 PM
According to the radio, the rate of return for postal ballots was as high as 89% in some areas; if the turnout today is within a few percent of that it would be the greatest response to a national ballot since the nineteen-fifties.

Not sure if it's confirmed, but I've just seen a tweet saying that the polling station in Falkirk is already closed because they've had 100% turnout.

That would be incredible. A girl I know is working at a Falkirk polling station today. She's a rabid NO voter, so if that was her station I'd be worried she might just have stuffed the ballot boxes and shut up shop.

Old Tankie

Surely that's a wind up!  :)  What, no one in that part of Falkirk has died since polling card were sent out?  And no one in Falkirk has been taken seriously ill today and not been able to get to the polling station?  Hmmm?   :)

Fungus

I think Jim is testing your knowledge of Falkirk politics ? (Or the tweeter is)