Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

I disagree. I think it's the people who manipulate the people who pray to one deity or another who constitute a considerable component part of our problems over the past few millennia or so.
And as you know, I equate voting with praying. I have voted in the past, so some of that blood is on my hands. My vote, which was always for a losing party, was nevertheless taken as some kind of "permission slip" to drop bombs on human beings.
Similarly, manipulators turn prayers into "holy obligations" to convince human beings to blow themselves up.
I don't know what the answer is. Education, maybe - but then, who gets to teach?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

So that's the thread bck on-line again. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Legendary Shark

You should read my latest blog post.
Or maybe you shouldn't.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

I would but I'm watching Father Ted, as good an observation on religion as ever there was. Z

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: ZenArcade on 21 November, 2015, 11:45:23 PM
I would but I'm watching Father Ted, as good an observation on religion as ever there was. Z

These sins are small. Those sins are far away...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ZenArcade

Entertaining Father Stone. Bliss! Z

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: ZenArcade on 21 November, 2015, 11:57:08 PM
Entertaining Father Stone. Bliss! Z

I've long maintained that the quintessence of the capital-G Great sitcom is 'trapped with a monster'. The brilliance of Father Ted... one of the brilliances of Father Ted, is that you can pick ANY of the key characters and, from their POV, they're trapped with a monster...!

Cheers

Jim

ZenArcade

The Legendary Shark

Given the choice, I think I'd prefer Father Ted as well - that would not, of course, be an ecumenical matter.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Just going to leave this link here, for the benefit of those forum members who think that talk of creeping NHS privatisation is just alarmist propaganda from lefties...

Wiltshire's entire range of NHS Child Services privatised without public consultation.

I don't like to be the guy who says "I told you so", but I fucking well did tell you so.

Bah.

Jim

Professor Bear

It's only child services, and I don't live in Wiltshire anyway.  As long as I'm alright I don't care.

Old Tankie

If it provides a better service  for the patient and they are not having to pay any more, great.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Old Tankie on 24 November, 2015, 04:57:39 PM
If it provides a better service  for the patient and they are not having to pay any more, great.

So you're changing your position from: privatisation isn't happening to privatisation is a good thing? Take a minute or two to familiarise yourself with the UK and US healthcare systems, then come back and tell me which you'd prefer.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Old Tankie on 24 November, 2015, 04:57:39 PM

:lol: :lol: yeah good one ... oh wait you're serious?  :o.

Virgin have such a good reputation for customer service.

Old Tankie

When did I say there was no privatisation? I thought I have said that as long as the service is good and it is payed for by the NHS I am happy.  After all, most GP surgeries are private businesses, and have been for years.