Main Menu

Share your secret??

Started by nofuture, 12 December, 2007, 04:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nofuture

House of Usher

I clicked on it, but all I got was a log-in page.
STRIKE !!!

Max Kon

you need to be signed into fcebook to use applications on it. a few of these have come up recently, annonymous confessions.

House of Usher

I hate these things. On my teacher training course they're always banging on about inclusive teaching, and trying to get us too take issues like inclusivity seriously and not to teach in such a way that people feel excluded, then some dick goes and posts a message on the course discussion board saying:

"15 of us (out of 60) are now members of the facebook group!! Now, everyone else, join up!!!!!

PLANS FOR THIS SATURDAY SOCIAL ARE EMERGING ON THERE!!!"

- So we've got a discussion forum on the departmental website that we've all got access to and then the cool kids start making arrangements on Facebook for a knees-up hat the rest of us need to get a facebook profile to find out about. Personally I refuse to be dictated to that way. They can stick their pub crawl up their arse.
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

Testify, brother Ush!

A pox on the Facebook kids and their secret clubs, we have them here too.  It's like the fucking Masons, but with bad flash photography.

Peter Wolf

Absolutely.  I am not interested in it *at* all.apparently once your details are on it you cannot remove them.They are there forever.

There are 136,000 members in Brighton and Hove alone and its my guess that a very large proportion of those members are people that i wouldnt want to know anyway.It just doesnt bear thinking about.A pub crawl or clubbing in brighton? sounds like a nightmare to me

Everyone else join up now !

No thanks.I dont have the Sheep mentality and i dont follow the herd.

I dont even like the name Facebook.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Hoagy

Someone's talking about facehuggers on the AVP thread and I thought he was talking about Facebookers.

Well its not that a far a comparison is it?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

House of Usher

Personally I find the idea quite disturbing that a total stranger might come up to me in the street and address me by some internet nickname and tell me that they also like my favourite author and that my favourite colour is red, as if they know me.

I'd rather be part of a virtual community of comic book geeks who might only do that same thing because I'm attending a comics convention, in which case the scare factor of strangers knowing who I am is greatly mitigated by context.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z122/peterwolf_album/t513647590_8858.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">

This person lives in Brighton . If i signed up i might get accosted by this person in the street.If this is meant to be a deterrent to joining then it has worked.

You cant even browse the site without signing up.I dont like that aspect of it either.

SamuelAWilkinson

You cant even browse the site without signing up.I dont like that aspect of it either.

You moan about the lack of privacy involved but also don't like that you can't look at other folk's profiles without signing up? You should meet the kettle, I think the two of you would get along famously.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Peter Wolf

First of all dont moan .I make obsevations and criticise things.Its not moaning.

I dont moan about privacy as no one but myself chooses what i submit  onto the world wide web.In effect this means that anyone can read what i write and post on the internet.If i dont want anyone to know about something then i dont post it.Its as simple as that.

Its really not that big a deal to me if i can or cant read someones profile on myspace etc.Its not something i make a habit of doing.The point i was actually making was the fact that i am forced to join Facebook to browse.

I say again i dont like that aspect.

Yesterday i had a browse on Myspace to see what it was all about.I could do that without joining.

Get it ?

I post all sorts of things in a blog.If i want privacy then i dont post certain things on the internet.Simple.

Also stop nitpicking.Its tiresome and unnecessary.I dont do it to you so give it a rest.

I dont do it to anyone else as it lowers the tone.

I was of the same opinion as Usher regarding Facebook.

If you and I cannot get along then dont reply to my posts.I dont actually know what your problem with myself actually is but for the record i dont have a problem with you per se except when i have to keep reiterating things that i have posted previously or English lessons.

Take care and have a good weekend.