Main Menu

JUNE ART COMP - VOTING THREAD

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 30 June, 2015, 12:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil McClements

1. BrotherGrotusk - Chronicles of Slaine Vol 3200

2. Nic Freeman - Judge Deaf

3. Steven Denton - Ancient Harry Exton

HM's SuperSurfer - Bad Tomas, allied72 - Hammerstein Conception, ModsAndDrokkers - Dredd's Diaper Dilemma, pineapplehead - Mini Mongrel and Lil Mess, allistermac - Octogenerian Dredd

Nic I am both 3rd and HM'ed in your votes

Andy Lambert

This has been a wonderfully creative month from everyone who contributed!
It doesn't get any easier trying to pick a top 3, but with apologies to those I've missed out, here are my choices...

1. Neil McClements: Genetic InfrantryBabe - I just love Neil's style of drawing, and this one's a belter with some awesome colouring involved!

2. SuperSurfer: Bad Tomas - Great cartoon artwork, and I like the use of having just one other (bloody) colour.

3. Albion: 2000ad Babies - Always quick off the mark, Albion came up with exactly what I had in my mind had I contributed this month, and it's an adorable depiction of 2000ad favourites as infants!

HMs
1. Nic Freeman: Judge Deaf - Very droll, aside from a great piece of in-your-face art!
2. amines2058: Toddler Nemesis & Torquemada - Seriously, how cute do these two look..?? Like Nic, I'd love to see more Nemesis stuff too!
3. Hoagy: Young One Eye - Raw, bloody and bad from the start! Fantastic!
4. pineapplehead: Mini Mongrel & Lil' Mess - I'm a bit confused about the angle, but I can still see it's a lovely piece of work!
5. ModsAndDokkers: Dredd's Diaper Dilemma - Brilliant first entry, showing off a wonderfully unique style!

Well done to everyone who took part, and kudos once again to CFM for his highly appreciated efforts. :)

pineapplehead

Haha! Andy yeah i love my funny angles, if you turn the pic sideways and imagine you are above mongrel, looking down you can imagine him pulling his useless little body around by its nappy/diaper, i imagine older mongrel to be like two jcb digger arms attached to a beach ball haha, my vote goes thus, 1. Judge deaf, haha great execution! 2. Bad Thomas, lol, love the style, 3.hoagy, just looks like you can reach in and feel how slippery it is!!! I love stuff like that, an honourable mention to everyone, i think we've done a cracking months creating between us, heres to next month

Zarjazzer

1.Supersurfer
2.Nic Freeman
3.Hoagy

HM Neil McClements
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Fungus

The standard stays ridiculously high...

1st - Hoagy
2nd - Neil McClements
3rd - Nic Freeman

Steven Austin

Three clear stand outs for me this month.

1. Neil McClements: Genetic InfantryBabe

2. Nic Freeman: Judge Deaf

3. Super Surfer: Bad Tomas

SKD

Great work from all the entrants once again.

1. Neil McClements - GI Babe.
2. SuperSurfer - Bad Tomas.
3. pineapplehead - Mini Mongrel.

HM. Nick Freeman, Hoagy, deedeetee, allied72 and Steven Denton.

Cracking stuff.

Stew.  :)

Minkyboy

1. Neil McClements - Genetic Infantry baby
2. SuperSurfer - Bad Tomas
3. Allied72 -Hammerstein conception

HM: Pineapplehead and Amines2058

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

BrotherGrotusk

1) Super Surfer Bad Tomas
2) Amines2058 Toddler Nemesis and Torquemada
3)Albion 2 2000AD Babies

HMs  Neil McClements Genetic Infantry Babe and Deedeetee Baby Rogue and chums not to mention all the other cracking entries!

james newell

1 (First). - pineapplehead - Mini Mongrel and Lil Mess- adorable , lovely drawing
2.SuperSurfer - Bad Tomas - wonderful drawing & idea
3. allied72 - Hammerstein Conception - great idea - well designed
HM.Hoagy - Young One Eye - nice painting

sah3735418

1.  Neil Clements - Genetic Infantrybabe
2.  Nic Freeman - Judge Deaf
3.  Allistermac - Octogenerian Dredd

HM's, Albion2 - 2000ad babies; Deedeetee - Baby Rogue & chums

Beeks

1: Neil McClements - Genetic Infantrybabe
2: Silver Surfer - Bad Tomas
3: Pinapplehead - Mini Mongrol
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Woolly

1st - Steven Denton - Ancient Harry Exton. Something about this really appeals to me, and old-age Harry Exton coming out of retirement for the proverbial 'one last job'.

2nd - SuperSurfer - Bad Tomas. Very striking image, nice use of red.

3rd - Neil McClements - Genetic InfantryBabe. Really nice design this, would make a great poster.

HM - amines2058 - Toddler Nemesis & Torquemada. Because i really really want that Blitzspear!

amines2058

Lovely stuff all around guys. I am surprised to have got as many votes as I have based on the quality of work this month!!
Anyway without further ado.....

1 - Nick Freeman - Judge Deaf
2 - Allied 72 - Hammerstein blueprint (My initial idea, but you did it so much better!)
3 - Neil McClements - Baby Rogue

HM's - Hoagy (slimy!!), Pineapplehead, Steve Denton, Supersurfer. Albion2
Looking forward to next months comp already!!!

ZenArcade

1: Neil Mcclements - Genetic Infantry Babe. Great use of colour and shade. This is more what I would envisage technology five or six hundred years from now looking like.
2: Allied - Hammerstein Conception. Perfect Blue-print right down to the ubiquitous coffee ring mark.
3: Hoary - Young One Eye. Vivid colour use, evocative of birth and a future mandated by blood andbgore.

HM's: amines2058 - Toddler Nemeses and Torquemada; Supersurfer - Bad Today; Nick Freeman - Judge Deaf (love a terrible pun.) and allistermac - Octogenarian Dredd.

Another superb spread of entries. Well done to everyone who contributed. As ever manybthanks to the mighty CFM. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead