Started by JudgeSergeantJoyce, 17 December, 2009, 03:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

NEST OF THE SPECKLED FACE

But with lots of freckles!!!!

ThryllSeekyr

ThryllSeekyr

SLAINE MACROTH

So far he is the only one with the right physique and statue and sporting hair with thick side burns almost fit the image as well. It just needs to be more nineteen eighties styled mullet. Short round the sides and spikey on the top and long at the back. Similar to how Slaine was drawn my MacMahon

Would have preferred a Irish local. Was looking through actors, models, boxers, body-builders and another thing it's pity that Hugh Jackman isn't twenty years younger with the same looks and body type.

Slaine really needs to be in his late teens.

Skullmo

Quote from: Rob Pegler on 17 December, 2009, 05:07:12 AM
Niamh looked like a grandmother, and even Medb was kinda fugly.

I'm sorry to hear they didn't reach your high standard of beauty.
It's a joke. I was joking.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Rob Pegler on 17 December, 2009, 05:07:12 AM
That was pretty impressive. A lot better than expected. Not sure about the actors - Slaine looked more like a pro wrestler than a warrior king, Niamh looked like a grandmother, and even Medb was kinda fugly. But other than that, it was very well done. I actually got goosebumps when Danu's "Sometimes I am your mother..." speech started.

I'm pretty sure that was Niamh's speech and Danu's unless you know something I don't  :o :-\

Anyway, as great as this trailer is, listening to it gives me urge to want hear the latest Zorro films spoken in old Irish

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 22 September, 2014, 11:38:59 AM
I'm pretty sure that was Niamh's speech and Danu's unless you know something I don't  :o :-\

I really meant Naimh's speech and not Danu's unless you know something I don't!

Call-Me-Kenneth

I think Michael Fassbender would make a good Slaine, he's certainly got the manic grin.

Steve Green

I haven't heard anything recently about his Cuchulain project, seems like it would be the closest to a Slaine feature we'd get.

Frank

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 22 September, 2014, 11:55:05 AM

Danu gives that speech.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: sauchie co-op on 22 September, 2014, 10:08:14 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 22 September, 2014, 11:55:05 AM

Danu gives that speech.
Okay, it's been a while since I read that and have quick flick through one of mine to be sure.

ThryllSeekyr

This picture of picture of Jon Snow reminds me a bit of.......

Glenn Fabry's

SLAINE

ThryllSeekyr

It's probably more the hair and facial expression (As they look in that actual shot!) than anything else.

Otherwise, I think the actor seems a touch too short and too soft in the face campared to Hugh Jackman

ThryllSeekyr

Would a much younger me do as

SLAINE

Sorry, about the chequed face, but it's just a imperfect scan taken from somebody else's year book

That was my high school year twelve senior mug shot taken when I used to sport a descent almost spikey mullet hair-cut (I used to cut my own hair and never wash it in those days back in 1988!) and still had decent looking front teeth to smile with. At only 16 years of age, I might have been the right age to portray young Slaine before he was booted from his tribe for being caught messing around with the chieftains teen age bride to be. Although I was never much a lady's man (Not gay, just very shy!) and certainly lack the nerve to try what Slaine did back then! Just forget my lack of bronze-age muscles as I never did much time in the gym. You don't really notice it in that picture any way.