Main Menu

Meg 228 (Hit The Deck!)...

Started by ukdane, 10 January, 2005, 02:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

I seem to be one of the few that enjoys the Dredd files, but hates (it seems so pointless) Heatseekers.
Cheers

-Daney

Oddboy

Cits playing cards: Groovy! Like these plenty.

Who? Dares Wins - the return of Who? is going great. Happy happy happy. Brilliant to have Cam K on board the art again.

Killoden - continues. Nothing wrong with it, but I've just got a bit bored of this story. Tharg Ennis indeed!

Deus X - Great start to a new story, really liking Shimura's return.

Lock-In - this is great too. Plus now we have Arthur Ranson's fingerprints.

Burial Party - Possibly the best Koburn story so far - I think it works better in shorter stories then spread over several episodes. Great stuff.

Return to Casablanca - was ***kin' ACES.

Charley's War - was also Aces. Really enjoyed this run, and glad that it's coming back soon(ish). But *MYSTERY* what's being reprinted next month??

Metro Dredd - was pretty good, shockingly!

Texty bits - Bishop, Rennie & Spurrier's pages were good, haven't read the other bits yet (if at all).
Better set your phaser to stun.

paulvonscott

I have to say I couldn't really spot a theme in the cards I had.

Oddboy

Pat Mills: Simp Tall

Yeah "Cits" is a bit vague a category - seeing as 98% of Cits are also Perps that leaves a lot of crossover into the forthcoming "Perps" suit, doesn't it?
eg. Chopper is a perp.
Lenny Zero is a perp.
Also - Devlin isn't a Citizen of MC-1, so does it count?

Whatever, though - I'm loving this free gift, even though it'll take four months before I can play with them.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

It struck me that one or two of them are,or have been judges.

Don't much care, though. I'm sorely tempted to buy extra Megs for more decks of cards over the next four months.

I think they're the best free gift we've ever had.

- Trout

Krustabi

DavidXBrunt

Yeah, I'm considering buying an extra Meg so that I can get two sets of cards. If we knew whether they'd go on sale at a later date then I'd be able to make a decision...anyone know?

And the beauty of them is that there's scope for more sets of cards, one free with 2k would be nice.

Trout

The reason I'm so keen on these cards is I actually play cards on a regular basis.

I think I might have more luck at poker with 2000AD characters in my hands!

- Trout

Krustabi

It'll be interesting to see where Shakta is leading, it seems like one of the purposes of this story is to flesh her character out a bit more.

Incidentally, how do you actually play Poker?

shazhughes

Liked the fact that Devlin was the queen. Great free gift that I'll have to find a use for one I have a complete set.

GordonR

>>Incidentally, how do you actually play Poker?

Come round to my place and I'll teach you.  Incidentally, bring lots of money.

I'm rubbish at poker, but, by the sounds of things, I'll take ya to the cleaners.

Poker for beginners:  you get dealt 5 (or 7, depending on which one of the many versions you're playing) cards.  You can swap some of your cards to try and get a better hand, but it'll cost you money.  After a couple of hands, The person who's either got the best cards or is best at lying wins.

Krustabi

Trout

The basic rule of poker is to have the best hand of five cards.

Sometimes they are cards you hold that no-one else sees, as Gordon describes, but my favourite game is Texas Hold 'Em, in which there is a "pool" of visible cards that every player plays with. Your own hidden cards number just two.

The aim is to make the best hand, involving matching cards, runs of sequential cards or cards of the same suit.

There are lots of poker websites which will teach you, but DON'T go near a paying one until you've had lots of practice!

- Trout

paulvonscott

Walter was a citizen
As was Max Normal
Spikes was a Citizen
Tweak was a citizen of an alien world (does that really count?)
Otto was certainly a citizen
Missionary Man was presumably a citizen (but of Texas City) before he became a roving judge and grudbotherer
Bato Loco, unless he's an illegal immigrant is propbably a citizen
Shimura was a judge in a different city as far as I can tell
Johnny Woo is an undercover judge in some place Gordon made up
Banzai Battallian aren't citizens
Lenny Zero, Ex-judge, now in some twilight legal state, might be a citizen, possibly.
Devilyn Waugh, from another city
Chopper, was a meg citizen, now beaching it up over at Oz

If that deck represents citizens, it's rubbish.  Rubbish!

Still, nice cards.

Trout

Bato Loco's a judge, as the picture of him on the card shows.

Missionary Man is/was also a Texas City judge.

I suspect they were just the characters who didn't fit into other categories. I don't care. The cards are great.

I wonder why it's a Yeowell drawing of Walter?

- Trout