Started by ukdane, 07 March, 2005, 02:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funtwangle

is kenzie from big brotherin this issue then

-Pulger-

>Never any women, were there?

Cyb-Audhttp://stc-archive.gue-network.com/images/wong01.jpg">

Tiplodocus

And Roxilla (but we established some time back that she was a lady boy).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Trout

Gordon's birthday?

Well, he'll be pissed by now, but congratulations to him, anyway!

Tiplodocus

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday.  Your column never failed to bring a smile to my face. This one included.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dan Kelly

Just finished this...

Happy Birthday to Gordon.  Great letter and Boo-Hiss on the columns.

Nice Cards again, although surely some controversial choices - the Anderson one at least was maligned when it was originally out.  And glad to see they've amputated De Marco's legs...

Really nice lead Dredd.  Ming do you remember http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=fan&page=message&choice=9059.0600000000">this?

Shimura - Amber is certainly up to something.  And along with Si's column the Meg is steadily getting more adult.

More flashback in Steve and Alan's strip.  Another nice little story.  And Anderson finishes on a nice note.  Shame about the large blue blob I have on page three.  And Carnivore.  Yes.

Only got the Bishop columns to read and that's me done.

Still, gotta have a hobby dontcha?

Dan

ming

Heh.  Thanks for that reminder, Dan.

I finally started a subscription to the Meg recently - although unfortunately I have to wait until I'm next in the UK to pick them up, so other than your hint I have no idea what this is about.  Spoilers, anyone?

McNulty

Happy Birthday Mr Rennie.

And now to my comments...

When Dredd stories reintroduce characters from the earlier issues, it can be a hit or miss affair. For some, such as Tweak or the Griblings, it can successful. But for others, especially when the veer away from the original intention of the stories, it can be wrong. The Dredd this week is an example of the latter. The original intention of Dredd's relationship with Ralphy was the prove that he was capable of human emotion, even if he didn't show it. You only have to draw pararrels with Dredd's relationship with Vienna, aptly shown most recently in the recent Total War story. What I read from this story this week is that Dredd completely washed his hands of Ralphy. This doesn't ring true at all. When one of Dredd's aquaintances falls off the rails, or get's in trouble, he doesn't turn away. Did he turn from Vienna? Did he turn from his old housekeeper Maria (see also this month's Meg)? And even if Ralphy had gone so far off the rails that he needed taking down, I seriously doubt that Dredd would have blown his head off.
Will this be how he is to deal with all he other aquaintances? Sometime down the line, can Max Normal expect Dredd to come calling with a High Explosive bullet for him? Who'll be next? Mrs Gunnderson? De Marco? Giant? Rico? Anderson? Hershey?
Okay, we all know that Dredd's a hard man. But give him a break!

...sorry. Did I go off on a rant there for a moment? Ever since they did what they did to Robohunter in Return to Verdus, this has been an issue for me. Hope I didn't offend.

ming

...even if Ralphy had gone so far off the rails that he needed taking down, I seriously doubt that Dredd would have blown his head off.

Unlike, say his own clone brother, or countless Judges that have gone off the rails over the years?  Pah - Ralphy who? B'dam!

shazhughes

I read it as Dredd had washed his hands of Ralphy because Ralphy was so ?addicted? to Jimping that Dredd felt his involvement with him would be more of a hindrance than a help in his counselling.
Of course it doesn?t help that Dredd has limited social skills as shown by his awkwardness around even ?family? members.

of course I could be talking crap and completely misunderstood it but thought I?d try out this invisi text thing 8-?

The Amstor Computer

+++ENGAGE GRUMP MODE+++

Sorry, was I reading the same Dredd? The one that looked like it had been drawn by D'Israeli's evil twin brother. With mud. In the dark.

The Amstor Computer

+++GRUMP MODE STILL ENGAGED+++

Maybe it's just me getting older & grumpier, but I'd much rather read more articles like those by Jonathan Clements & Scott Gray, and less like Si Spurrier's. I don't know quite what else to say about it without being rude, but suffice to say I think this space could be much better used - hell, if Si wanted to write a column on writing for comics or how he got into the business, I'd be up for it. Anything but this!

shazhughes

>Sorry, was I reading the same Dredd? The one that looked like it had been drawn by D'Israeli's evil twin brother. With mud. In the dark.

Horses for courses, I love Dave Taylor's work and would like to see his work on Dredd far more than D'Israeli's.

Funtwangle

carlito and andersen and shimura were all really really good

the rest of the strips sucked arse

Carlsborg Expert.

Yeeees.

One for the boys this week,I think.

Or, a liberation of the female charactor and we threw in some boobles so the men were not intimidated in anyway.

Have to ask,is Shimura letting his cock do the judging or is he fed up with the justice department completely?

How many innocents died in the park?

Buuut, shes a bit tasty so hell let the fact that her complicity in a massacre slide.Hmm.

Anti-hero or suprefreak?

Still wonderful story brought to a horny climax.(sic)

Dredds stand alone was a miserable affair, I feel all of us Judge Dredd wannabees must take a step back and condone our very desires to JUDGE...hhnngff..gkhh.

Yeah poor old Brycey, never did find out wether he was the original sinner.

"Those blood samples back from the lab?"

" Dunno but if it talks, it walks it, then it must be it."

The anderson finally has been skipped for now so I can feel like Im spreading four poond fifty-sixty over a matter of time, good enough for me.

Spreading it like nestle chocolate spread across a fine hot baggette.Hmm.
( And devour!)

>;)

Finally the rest will follow like Han Solo through the belly of a bantha.Slowly digested over a thousand minutes.

Jimmy McSmokes.x.