Main Menu

The Meg's Birthday Party At The Nexus

Started by Will I. Cooling, 06 October, 2005, 08:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will I. Cooling

Just thought I'd alert the hive mind to a trio of truly zarjaz columns over at http://comicsnexus.insidepulse.com

The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Will I. Cooling

bugger the links didn't work. Okay lets try again.

Here's Floyd's column

Link: http://comicsnexus.insidepulse.com/articles/43396" target="_blank">Floyd's a god

The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Will I. Cooling

Will I. Cooling

Funt Solo

A balanced and well-written article from Floyd, there, which is quite biting in places.  (I disagree with some of his views, but hey, that's life).

I had never thought of "mega" as being out of place, but then my brain translated it as "big", not "excellent".  But Floyd's right, it could sound a bit strange (ie daggy) to folk.

I too dislike the "lads mag" aspects (or format) of current Meg, but it's hard to complain about the publication as a whole because it's been of a generally superb quality in all other respects (and I know some people devour those articles with relish).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Will, please don't take this the wrong way, because I'm not setting out to be insulting.

You need someone to proof-read your articles and correct the plethora of spelling and grammatical errors.  They really detract from the flow of the articles, so much so that all I remember about them is that they were full of errors.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Oddboy

"mega"

Floyd - I don't think it's supposed to be a cool word (although in the late 80's all sorts of daggy words were considered the very cream of trendy terms: Wikkid! being the prime example)
It was just a pun on Mega-City One, because it was a Judge Dredd Magazine. Just like there was a Red Dwarf 'Smegazine' - just take your in-joke word of choice & force feed it into magazine & hey presto! you've got a title!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Funt Solo

In an alternative universe that I visited recently (due to a cold) the only difference I noticed was that in 3000AD, the Wanger droid had called it Garga-City 1, which in turn led to the creation of the Judge Rico Gargazine.

Other than that everything was prefectly nromal.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Trout

You need someone to proof-read your articles and correct the plethora of spelling and grammatical errors

Seconded, although I know I've said this several times before, Will.

The mistakes finally put me off reading your stuff. I can't remember when I last read any of it.

Sorry.

- Trout

Conexus

Will, with spell checking, here's a tip: I find that it's easier to spot them if you read them on the printed page - fair enough run it through spell chech on word or whatever first, but that won't be able to spot inncorect use of words, such as their for they're.

Trout

Nah, you'll never get them all yourself. You need a fresh eye. Get someone else to have a glance.

- Trout

The Enigmatic Dr X

My internet went wonky trying to read that (script errors?)

Anyway, what does "daggy" mean?
Lock up your spoons!

Quirkafleeg

>Anyway, what does "daggy" mean?

You never watch Neighours then... daggy means grotty

Will I. Cooling

Okay, I know my spelling/grammar isn't the greatest and to be honest I think the two columns in question were some of the worst but you know its difficult to get round that. Firstly, I don't have a printier and I don't have the money to use printier creds for columns. Secondly, I have NO friends who like comics and so will be willing to proof read columns. Now if anyone here would be willing to do that for me, great but otherwise there's really no one else.

Now I've looked over my column again and tried to create the mistakes I could see. If you could just have a look and show me the ones I missed, etc that'd be great.

Cheers
Will

Link: http://comicsnexus.insidepulse.com/articles/43397" target="_blank">ok

Max Kon

Fleetway over due to the poorly recieved Dredd movie

i am posting this one by it self to test to see if strike throughs work