Main Menu

Why no Strondium Dog Agency Files 5?

Started by HiEx, 23 January, 2008, 03:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiEx

I'd love to see a Strontium Dog Agency files #5, containing all the reboot stories from the last few years.

There's certainly enough material for a nice meaty volume. Even without 'The Glum Affair' (as we don't know the final page count yet), there's still 348 pages of new story: -

Kreeler Conspiracy Part 1, 8 episodes (Progs 1174 to 1180), 84 pages

Kreeler Conspiracy Part 2, 5 episodes (Progs 1195 to 1199), 30 pages.

Roadhouse 8 episodes (Progs 1300 to 1307), 54 pages.

The Tax Dodge 9 episodes (Progs 1350 to 1358), 60 pages.

The Headly Foot Job 4 episodes (Progs 1400 to 1403), 24 pages.

Traitor to his Kind 10 episodes (Progs 1406 to 1415), 60 pages.

Shaggy Dog Story 5 episodes (Progs 1469 to 1472), 36 pages.

The Glum Affair 4+ episodes (Progs 1567 to 1569) 24 pages.

Given that it would mostly be in colour, I'd certainly have no objection to paying more for it than the previous black and white files.

HiEx

The Adventurer

I'm pretty sure after The Final Solution GN. We'll start to see Color Trades of the "reboot" stuff. I don't see why it has to stick to the "Casefile" format, now that Final Solution has broken it as it is. The Case Files should stick to reprinting the B&W era stuff with a handful of exceptions (ex: The last Nemesis Casefile, and Dredd should go up to the start of Necropolis in a perfect world.)

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

IndigoPrime

As Adventurer said, any subsequent Strontium Dog volumes are likely to be in standard trade format, because most of the stories are in colour. You might end up with fairly chunky volumes (think Kenny Who?), but there's no way you'll end up with a 348-page colour bookâ??it'd be way too expensive.

I think the main problem with these reprints will be Kreeler Conspiracy. There'll need to be some kind of intro to the book from John explaining the reasoning behind various elements. (Frankly, I'd be tempted to start a new book with Roadhouse, and add Kreeler as a 'bonus', albeit a really big one!)

As for the Agency Files, I've suggested, based on Amstor Computer's original ideas, to Jon that Final Solution be replaced with a final chunky volume, compiling Final Solution, the 'missing' annual stories, and Top Dog. He said he'd take that under consideration (he hadn't started compiling the book when I wrote), but time will tell what happens. (Personally, I think it'd be a massive mis-step to leave out just a few Stronty stories, given how complete the volumes have been until now.)

Leigh S

Yeah - what Indigo said - a 5th case file including Final Solution, Top Dog and the 2 special stories would fit perfectly into a "Nemesis Vol 3" style book.

Then you have ALL the 'classic' run under one umbrella and can start afresh with the modern era stories as a distinct entity.

Leigh S

Of course, you could arguably do the current run of Stronts in 2 big 200plus page books.

You could arguably keep them as Vols 6 and 7 of the case files, though since the stories are chronologically all over the place, you may as well set em up differently.

Personally, I put Kreeler Conspiracy as a 2169 story, set just 2 years after Alpha joined the SD agency,a nd a year before he meets Wulf.  The inconsistencies (Kreelman as Earth President, the year quoted as 2179) I put down to the innacuracies of hte archive robots research!

RoadHouse, and "The Sad Case" seem to be early 2170s - maybe 2170-71ish.  Alpha is seen introducing Wulf to Kid Knee for example, and Alpha still uses his teleport - I imagine that teleports get banned sometime thereafter in a health scare (or see current DogBreaths for another reason why Alpha gives up on the tech!)  :)

The Tax Dodge is set some time after Shickelgruber Grab IIRC, while Traitor must be after Portrait, as Wulf knows that Kreelman is Aplhas dad by this point.

Bolt-01

Watcher: Re the teleport thing- That is brilliant. I never made that connection but it works a treat. Nice idea.

Bolt-01

Robin Low

I wish some sort of print-to-order thing could be set up - I really, really want the Strontium Dogs stuff.

Regards

Robin

The Adventurer

Maybe we'll see them in a EE some day. They're good enough for that I'm sure. Maybe as a cross promotion with the Final Solution TP?

DavidXBrunt

Will we bollocks. Every shitey sports story has to be reprinted before we see anything else. Four in a row? I believe they're lining Killer and Bad City Blues up for the issue after next.

The Adventurer

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

I liked  Second City Blues, it was different, and a bit of a slow-burner.  Shame there was never a second series detailing their off-world adventures.  

The Adventurer

Yes, we need a Second City Blues Part 2.

radiator

There hasn't been an EE I've been interested in getting since the Revere one.

And that was plops.

HiEx

I'm still waiting for the Inferno EE.

We've had Harlem Heroes, so why no Inferno? I remember loving it as a kid.

HiEX