Main Menu

Meg 4.14 - Down with Andreti's Confetti! (AKA Bendatti Vendetta)

Started by HiEx, 05 August, 2002, 02:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

Yeah, in Movie terms we've had the 'Bendatti Vendetta's pre-credit sequence and the exposition, we have plot and character arc ahead, so in theory it can only get better...

Finally getting into 'Bad Company' and looking forwards to the conclusion. Never having read it before makes it a new thrill for me. Same with 'HellBoy', and another vote for more of that please.

Didn't like the Simp story. Left a bad taste in my mouth, all that laughing at simpletons suff...

The 'Durham Red' strip is never boring and as part of the interest lies in seeing what style it's in this month the short page count doesn't really matter.

'Lenny Zero' hasn't made much impact on me, but it's not activley bad either. Wait and see.

David Bishop doesn't need another compliment, he's had too many all ready this thread, so I won't say how much I enjoyed the article.

All in all a great Mag. Best form it's ever been on? Possibly...

The Amstor Computer

--All in all a great Mag. Best form it's ever been on? Possibly..--

Not *quite*. The first Meg volume is still the best, but Vol. 4 is edging closer...

jont

I hope so, but it still doesn't explain the neekid lady does it?

I was watching Goldeneye last night and it's fantastic entertainment. It got sex, laughs and makes me want to wrecklessly drive a tank around St Petersburg with little regard for it's pricless architecture. But despite the odd mention of the Cold War, it's clearly not set in the real world.

I hope Bendetti thinks it's self above that, and mabey it will break the cycle of high octane action adventures that 2000ad is churnig out at too fast a rate.

jont

Not that I'm too fucking pretentious for high octane :)

Tiplodocus

Favourite moment in the new Meg:-

The line around the keyring photo noting that it is not actual size. Damn! I need a keyring the size of a plate to stop me losing my keys!

My personal favourite moment was in your article. It was also the most massive piece of understatemnet it has ever been my pleasure to witness.  Ian Gibson recalls Maze Dumoir:
"It showed them I could draw girls properly"

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

2000AD Online

Hi-ex I'm with you all the way except that I liked the Durham Red story more than you did and I 've been enjoying Bad Company.
       There's no comparison  between Button Man and the Tagliatelli Vendetta.  Button Man was brilliant.  The Brunichelli Vendetta, has niceish art that must have been jolly difficult to do but a boring story and no characters I can really give a rat's rear end about.  BM was focussed around Harry Ex

Oddboy

and makes me want to wrecklessly drive a tank around St Petersburg with little regard for it's pricless architecture

Jont, have you played Goldeneye on the N64?  Brilliant stuff & scarily accurate to the flim (last time I watched it I knew the corridor layouts & exactly which door led where..!)

Better set your phaser to stun.

Oddboy

And you can hardly complain if BV isn't set in the real world - none of the other Megazine stories are.
Better set your phaser to stun.

jont

Am I playing it? heh heh heh heh.

I've been playing Goldeneye like a fiend for the past month or so, that's why I went and watched the movie.

I'm short three missions on 00 agent before i get the moonracker mission, which will be a blast. I think I'll get them soon, they're the silo, caverns and (fucking hell) the control room (which I can barely pass on regular agent.)

>>jont