Main Menu

Meg 299

Started by Proudhuff, 19 June, 2010, 09:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

In other news, this month's Johnny Woo utilizes what would have been a key plot driver in my slowly-forming Inspectre prequel.

Back to the drawing board with that one, then.

Curse you, Rennie! *shakes fist*

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

James Stacey

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 21 June, 2010, 02:28:08 PM
In other news, this month's Johnny Woo utilizes what would have been a key plot driver in my slowly-forming Inspectre prequel.

Cheers

Jim
Make it a sequel and tie em together.  :D

House of Usher

You've made me want to read it now out of curiosity. Job done.  :D
STRIKE !!!

mygrimmbrother

Didn't like Spurrier's Dredd this time round. The suddenly harsh treatment of the mutants (judges firing heavy weapons out the windows indiscriminately) just didn't ring true, as others have pointed out. Didn't really enjoy Doherty's artwork that much either.

Lily MacKenzie is still good stuff, want more.

TOTBM - good, but not as good as last month's. Was this drawn a while ago I wonder? Davis-Hunt's artwork wasn't quite as good as his recent run on Tempest.

Sorry to see Johnny Woo bow out after only 2 episodes. Loved Every panel. I guess you could call it gothic manga noir?

Cover was well drawn by the talented Ben Willsher but felt a tad unadventurous.

Ironically, my letter got printed, and all I do is heap praise on everything and everyone. Now here I am with a bit of criticism for a change!

radiator

The cover is nearly identical composition-wise to prog 1689 by the same artist - wonder if that was deliberate?

Jim_Campbell

On the plus side, nice to see some of my lettering on display in a rather good feature about Murderdrome. You kept that quiet, PJ!

Cheers

Jim

pauljholden

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 21 June, 2010, 05:26:52 PM
On the plus side, nice to see some of my lettering on display in a rather good feature about Murderdrome. You kept that quiet, PJ!

Cheers

Jim

Sorta forgotten about it! Looks great in print though, dunnit?

Thanks for kind words re:woo. Re manga influence- none that I know of (and manga covers a broad range of styles, Nausica doesn't look much like akira for example)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: pauljholden on 21 June, 2010, 05:32:13 PM
Sorta forgotten about it! Looks great in print though, dunnit?

It really does. I still can't work out why the comic publishers of the world aren't beating a path to Steve Denton's door, mind you...

Cheers!

Jim

I, Cosh

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 21 June, 2010, 10:16:15 AM
Was this some of Sampsons earliest interior work? His storytelling is shocking in places and I'm not a fan of his use of photo ref (Kim Basinger, anyone?)
I might be wrong but this came up a few times on that ProgSlogBlog as the writer knew Steve at college and he reckoned that pretty much all his female characters were modelled on chicks that Mr Sampson was knobbing at the time. If it's true, then you have to take your hat off to him as I'd be too knackered to get any drawing done at all.

Anyway, I liked the Tale of the Black Museum which would've fit equally well under the Lost Cases banner. My highlight of the Prog was the page of alternative Dredds, with Big Redd 1 being my favourite. Was the artist or the writer responsible for that?

Spurrier and Doherty are normally names I'd be happy to see in the credits box, but I've got to side with the dissenters here. I know it can't be wine and roses all the time, but this was too far away from the way the townships have been presented up to now.

It seems Rennie can't help himself from leaving dangling plot threads even now! I'd read another one though.

Cheeky Mega-Tharg, filling our hopeful ears with tales of extra thrills for the next few months, but forgetting to mention the extra quid we'll be paying for the privelige.
We never really die.

john_s

Cheers

Jim

Fuck, man - you're even slower than me!  The supposed trick is to
get those ideas out there - like, err, now! - otherwise the chance
has gone.  No point whining about it, eh?

As Fort said: "It steam engines when it's steam engine time..."

I, Cosh

So when can we expect that New Statesmen sequel we were promised, John?
We never really die.

Pete Wells

Radiator said:

QuoteThe cover is nearly identical composition-wise to prog 1689 by the same artist - wonder if that was deliberate?

Check out my blog tomorrow as I'll be putting the rather stunning roughs, inks and finished versions of both covers up, complete with commentry from Ben.

john_s

Quote from: The Cosh on 22 June, 2010, 12:51:24 AM
So when can we expect that New Statesmen sequel we were promised, John?

Not in my bloody lifetime!

Rio De Fideldo

What about the next Devlin Waugh? Ship of Fools?

Is there any news on when its due or any news of the progress?

TordelBack

You've stuck your toe in the piranha tank now John! 

But yes, some Indigo Prime, the continuation of Waugh, and more freako weirdo one-offs like Cradlegrave, soon as you can please!