Main Menu

MEG 325 - Law Machine

Started by LARF, 16 June, 2012, 06:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Mike- editorial shouold have spotted that for you.

Richard

QuoteIt's an old Steve Dillon pic.

Thanks Lee.

Trout

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 18 June, 2012, 04:11:53 PM
Mike- editorial shouold have spotted that for you.

Ahem. That sounds suspiciously like "blame the sub". I take issue with such an idea.

While I wish to pay tribute to Mike as one of my favourite writers, he is right. If a writer makes a mistake - even a little one like this - it's wrong to blame anyone else for it.

Buy Michael Carroll's new book!  :)

Sedgendary

Quote from: Trout on 18 June, 2012, 05:11:37 PM

Ahem. That sounds suspiciously like "blame the sub". I take issue with such an idea.

While I wish to pay tribute to Mike as one of my favourite writers, he is right. If a writer makes a mistake - even a little one like this - it's wrong to blame anyone else for it.

Sometimes you are too close to a work to see the mistakes, it's part of the reason a work goes through someone else's hands before being published.

Trout

Quote from: Sedgendary on 18 June, 2012, 09:05:28 PM
Quote from: Trout on 18 June, 2012, 05:11:37 PM

Sometimes you are too close to a work to see the mistakes, it's part of the reason a work goes through someone else's hands before being published.

That's what I do for a living.

Cthulouis

I suspect Dredd is on his way to slap a parking ticket on that Lawmaster. Complete right-angle to the road markings.

Love it as a work of art though.

Dudley

Quote from: Trout on 18 June, 2012, 09:07:31 PM

It's true, he works for The Cuorier.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dudley on 19 June, 2012, 10:17:14 AM

It's true, he visits The Cuorier each day.

FTFY
DDT did a job on me

Dudley

Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 June, 2012, 10:50:00 AM

It's true, he occasionally visits The Cuorier.

FTFY

Cheers.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Dudley

Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 June, 2012, 11:05:22 AM
phones it in?  :D

Passes everything unseen and blames it on the writers, apparently.    :lol:

LARF

Quote from: Dudley on 19 June, 2012, 11:02:36 AM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 June, 2012, 10:50:00 AM

It's true, he occasionally visits The Cuorier.

FTFY

Cheers.

Trouty - now spot the spelling mistake  :lol:

Alski

Got to say that although I thought Mike's text story was spot on, it should have had a massive "Spoiler" tag across it.

I would advise anyone who doesn't want potential Day Of Chaos spoilers to avoid it til another time. Do read it, though, cos it's aces.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

The Sherman Kid

Really quite annoyed about that story.Up to now we have no clue how things will pan out in Days Of Chaos, so why on earth would you run a story in the Meg that is POST Chaos Day!!?? There are lots of clues and indeed statements as to what WILL happen.NO spolilers ,nothing.Stupid.

I'm not remotely criticising Mike ,not his fault at all ,and the story was good.The timing was though ,was awful.

SmallBlueThing

Running a story set post-chaos day that spoilers the outcome of said story would seem like a MASSIVELY silly thing to do. And it is for this reason that i dont for one minute believe it spoils anything. Mike's response above, and the mere fact that tharg aint no ninny, suggests something else going on here. Curious.

While i havent read the meg yet, i wanted to comment on the cover. It's no secret i think that, for the most part, meg covers are lousy- however good the art is. I think it's the design. But this- my grud, THIS- THIS is a thing of beauty. While the rest of you were squealing like a bunch of girls over ten seconds of dodgy cheese, ive been staring at this serpentine beast of lawmaster. I dont think ive ever seen it rendered so... growly... and waiting to be ridden. It's alive in that pic. Absolutely love it, and very glad tharg saw fit to print it on the back of the prog, textless, like a star scan of old. I may yet cut it out and stick it to my wall, like it's 1982. If i had one criticism (cont)