Main Menu

Megazine 204

Started by ukdane, 10 March, 2003, 04:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiEx

Classic artists aside, this would have been an excellent opportunity to give Rufus Dayglo a shot.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm in complete agreement with Wake. I'd love to see Rufus drawing some Dredd in either The Meg or 2000AD.

Ithink it would be great to see some pre-2099 Dredd stories, and Rufus would be the perfect artist for these IMO.

Wake, would a petition or a poll to get Rufus drawing Dredd help in any way to get things moving?

HiEx

DavidXBrunt

Glad that's confirmed. There's so obviously a page missing from that Future Shock.

Wake

Wake, would a petition or a poll to get Rufus drawing Dredd help in any way to get things moving?

Probably not. I don't think Tharg likes polls on that kind of thing.

Wake

paulvonscott

Ah well, the old mind isn't so knackered then.

Art

Any chance of getting the page in question (or better, the whole thing) up on the site so we can enjoy it in full?

Wake

My proposal to Tharg was:

"What do
you think about putting the full 3 page strip online, and printing an
apology in the next Meg along with a link to the Thrillviewer on the
website."

Tiplodocus

So do we have to refer to both editors as Tharg?

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Wake

No, but Alan Barnes is on paternity leave, so I can't contact him.

Wake

HiEx

No, but Alan Barnes is on paternity leave, so I can't contact him.

Wake

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What! Thargs preggers!

What's Bou been up to then?

HiEx

Oddboy

Congrats to Mr Barnes!

What's the sprog called?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Wake

Julian Alexander and Oliver Nathaniel

They were born on 10th Feb.

Wake

ukdane

Twin like congratulations to Alan (and Mrs) Barnes.

See, another Oliver is unleashed into the world!

(my Oliver being born 8th February last year)
Cheers

-Daney

Oddboy

Twins? Why weren't they called Joe & Rico?  Or doesn't Mrs Barnes like Alan taking his work home with him?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

Adding a few thoughts very, very late:

I've quite enjoyed seeing Higgins' take on early Dredd.
Remember JH's style of helmet was always very sharp and those rounded ones, with all the other stylistic changes, is a serious departure.

I said last week I wasn't so keen on JH's darker stuff - he's better at more light-hearted tales like Phantom of the Shoppera - but I've quite enjoyed this.

I'm willing to ignore the continuity blip. It's no big deal. The story is a decent tale so far.

Anyway, I fair enjoyed this month's Meg, with Dredd, Darkie and Devlin the main highlights.
It's just a shame - as has been said here before - we're only getting six pages a month of Waugh. It's hard to keep the momentum up, sadly.

Hey David, you're spot on about Apocalypse soon, but I thought of Pratchett's Discworld stuff first. He even had a scene with the Four Horsemen sitting in the pub waiting for the end of the world.

- Trout

DavidXBrunt

S'true, he does. But I seem to remember a similar meeting in the dustbowl of America in 'G.O.'...