Main Menu

D.I.C.E. 2014

Started by Link Prime, 19 June, 2014, 01:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Quote from: pauljholden on 24 September, 2014, 05:12:37 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 24 September, 2014, 09:09:14 AM
I was hoping to head down for the Saturday, but cannot make it now! bah!

I'd love to see a futurequake presence at this show one year!

-pj

That's not a bad idea at all...

Bolt-01

maryanddavid

Looks like Sunday might no be a runner either... Bah:-(

Link Prime

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 24 September, 2014, 10:22:23 PM
One day we'll be there.

Are you on about DICE or the next con in general?
I'm sure there are far more English / Scottish boarders than those that hail from the Emerald Isle.
Looking for an excuse to come over on the lash, are yis?

Shame you wont be making it this year David, looks like its gonna be a lot of fun.
Saturday is a definite for me, but Sunday is looking cloudy (and therefore Saturday night drinking too).
I might just have to cram as much as possible into the Saturday, we'll see.

Would dearly love to attend the 2000AD panel on Sunday though...

PS- I want one of those prints, PJ!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

All the panels are being recorded, so you'll get a chance to see it in a week or two if you miss it on Sunday, Link.

A futurequake presence would fit perfectly at DICE and hopefully we'll see that sometime soon.

I will hopefully be there sometime around midday tomorrow, so I'm sure I will see a few of ye over the weekend.

maryanddavid

Enjoy tomorrow guys, Sunday is out for sure now, pity. This is something I might make it too, I'd go for Eddie Lenihan alone! https://www.facebook.com/IntPAWSCon

Link Prime

I had an exceptionally good time today- great new venue for DICE, top guests, and the weather held up- a distinctly beautiful sunny September day.

Personal highlight- Clint Langley remembered to bring the ABC Warriors page I was hounding him over (stashed under his seat for me). A pleasure to shoot the breeze with him- he's a gent, and hugely enthusiastic about working for 'Tooth even after two decades.
Clint cleaned me out at nearly €300 worth of art, prints and a stunner of a Slaine sketch (pics to follow at some stage), so my last few bob were spent on PJ's great Dredd print and early release copies of Monsterology 101 & the new Moon Knight trade.

Also had a good chat with Mike Carroll, Si Spurrier & John McCrea- gentlemen all.
Nice to meet up with Gavin Leahy Block again, and a humidity stricken Judge Russell- who's probably grabbing 10 well deserved minutes on a sleep machine as I type.

Pain in the arse that I couldn't stay for drinks tonight (I promised Clint a Guinness  :-[) or attend tomorrow, but sure what can ye do?

Roll on 2015.

Proudhuff

€300 worth of art? I think he could afford to buy you a Guinness  :D
DDT did a job on me

ZenArcade

Had a great sunday at.DICE. Met another of the writers and artists: Mike Carroll, Si.Spurrier and the legendary John Mccrea really enjoyed the panel, great Craic all around....would have loved to haven't fellow boarders, but Internet went off. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Gavin_Leahy_Block

I'm just about recovered from a fantastic weekend at DICE. It was nice catching up with everyone again, having a chat with a few new people and getting a few sketches too (pictures will come later today). The change of venue was great too and the fact that it was free access to the bottom floor, where all the small press people were, was a really wonderful idea.
Personal highlights include, The 2000ad panel, seeing Clint Langley work, Mike Carroll's T-shirts and Molcher's Becky Cloonan impersonation.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Mechanismo by Clint Langley

Gene the Hackman by PJ Holden

A Klegg by John McCrea

Link Prime

Oh the Kleggmanity!

Great idea getting Clint to do Mechanismo too.

Any tidbits from the 2000AD panel on Sunday?

COMMANDO FORCES

Great sketches there Gavin :thumbsup:

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Thanks guys.

Quote from: Link Prime on 01 October, 2014, 02:51:02 PM

Any tidbits from the 2000AD panel on Sunday?

Not really,  Mike Carroll mentioned he has a Dredd coming up and Clint Langley is currently working on ABC Warriors (RoBusters).

Link Prime

Quote from: Gavin_Leahy_Block on 01 October, 2014, 09:32:36 PM
Mike Carroll mentioned he has a Dredd coming up

Well he did tell us who's on art duties for this...are we allowed divulge?  :-\