Main Menu

BBC to remake 'Survivors'

Started by Marbles, 02 June, 2008, 10:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

QuoteWhat annoyed me more was the fact that he was able to use the pumps at all; given that it had already been well established that there was no longer any electricity

The guy was using a portable generator to pump the petrol out though.

Good episode tonight! I hope Dexter gets his shit beat in.

House of Usher

QuoteMaybe the petrol station was closed during the disaster due to short-staffing? If there was no-one serving, then no petrol could be sold...
...seems to be the only possible explanation for there being any petrol left at all, then. We noticed the generator/pump in our house (of usher), but it all happened so quickly we didn't really see what the bampot was doing with car batteries at the same time.
STRIKE !!!

Mardroid

Quote from: "His Lordship rac"
QuoteWhat annoyed me more was the fact that he was able to use the pumps at all; given that it had already been well established that there was no longer any electricity

The guy was using a portable generator to pump the petrol out though.

Good episode tonight! I hope Dexter gets his shit beat in.

I agree, great episode.

And the doctor lady is very attractive.  All the bloke's are likely to stay frustrated as far as she is concerned though. ;) I hope that doesn't get too silly though.

johnnystress

Good episode I thought

Some great ideas , though sometimes it feels like it doesn't go deep enough

And this girl looks good in pants

Proudhuff

That was such utter pish...

honest Gov, i did try and like it but there is sooo much to dislike. Rant mode on, please skip onto the next thread if you fancy it,i won't take it personal.

First, that 'music'  the whole point of 9 out of 10 people dying is the loneliness, the silence, the isolation not having some Johnnie plonking away on a piano and synth all the bloody time.

Nobody is bothered about the coming winter, heating, firewood etc, they are all spotlessly clean and neatly dressed,  just like a wee soap opera: the men well shaven, Have you tried a cold wet shave? if so you'd know why they would all have stubble/growth by now. Washing clothes would be a nightmare, so is it constant new ones? I haven't seen too many cossy changes.

The petrol thing, anyone here every syifinned (sp) a car? bloody hard, not to mention sicken thing, so they might think twice about car use...Somebody actually say 'I'm just nipping out do you want anything?'  Think about it! if there are plenty of cars to take why did Doctor Who have to change the whinney dopey dames tyre?

Where are the packs of dogs and cats with a taste for dead long pig? The rats, where are they? They would be everywhere by now.

Where were all the fires from cookers/fires etc left on till they ignite?

Why has nobody thought of a defensive house with those radges running about?

Why the good goad stay in an urban area? with all those deed bodies polluting the air/water

is there only one shotgun in the whole of Engerland? Why not hit a HSF shop or the local Nick for guns?

That's just of the top of my head... without thinking too much :roll:

Rant off

An aside....Minihuff walked in halfway through, stayed two minutes, said 'No Zombies? pah' and walked out. I wish I had.
DDT did a job on me

paulvonscott

Seen some quite poor reviews.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2008/ ... ion-review

Yet to watch the second episode.  I will watch it, it's just seeing the first few minutes, I realise I might have to trog through something I've seen done better before.

LARF

Hello peeps, long time no post - been busy

I quite like it tbh, but not taking it all too seriously.

looks like they are all at it: //http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/2012/

johnnystress

Someone mentioned in the reviews (on the link up there) that it feels like kids show- i think that's a pretty good observation. I'm enjoying it, but the bad acting, the many thing that don't seem to fit just right and the general tone of it reminds me more of something like Tripods than a gritty adult drama

still though- its  enjoyable enough and I'll keep watching

TordelBack

Quote...it reminds me more of something like Tripods...

Yes, I haven't seen much more than snippets, but the phrase running through my head was "Tripods, not Triffids".

Thursday

Quote from: "TordelBack"the phrase running through my head was "Tripods, not Triffids".

And as if by magic, the Beeb declare their next remake...

Say it with triffids

Bongo Jack

The largely negative reviews and ratings figures are a bit odd.  I enjoyed it, but was under no illusion I was watching some sort of classic, and it seemed no worse than any other genre offering the Beeb have served us up of late.
Perhaps the 'made in Britain' goodwill is running out for genre shows?  If so, it's sadly before the whole 'they might make another if this one is successful and the next one they make might be better' theory could bear fruit, which means what we see on telly now will most likely be the definitive perception of British sci-fi television to the rest of the world - they'll see Torchwood and assume that's as good as it gets.
Which it is, of course.

I saw the Triffids series that the BBC made in the 1980s quite recently, and it'll take some topping.  Not dated half as much as it should have, though that might be as much to do with no-one having a decent haircut these days.
Live forever or die trying

M.I.K.

Quote from: "Thursday"And as if by magic, the Beeb declare their next remake...

Say it with triffids

The original version was made in 1981?!?  I don't half feel old sometimes. Of course, that means I was only six years old when I saw it the first time, but it still doesn't seem like 27 years ago.

jakeblues69

Anyone know if this will be airing here in the USA anytime soon?
I'm Dr. Rockso, the rock and roll clown. I do cocaine! My video was banned from music television, cause you could see my junk... through my jumpsuit!

Mardroid

Quote from: "M.I.K."
Quote from: "Thursday"And as if by magic, the Beeb declare their next remake...

Say it with triffids

The original version was made in 1981?!?  I don't half feel old sometimes. Of course, that means I was only six years old when I saw it the first time, but it still doesn't seem like 27 years ago.

Most recent, not original:

QuoteThe BBC has made three TV versions of John Wyndham's classic, the most recent being in 1981

Still 3 TV versions? Still I'll give it a go. I didn't see all the others all the way through anyway.

Bouwel

I remember seeing the 80's version of Day of the Triffids myself (hell...I'm getting old as well!). Hopefully the Beeb can do a good job of updating it. If you've not read the John Wyndham book I'd recommend that as well. Has one of the best opening lines of any sci-fi book around.

-Bouwel-
(*eyes the rose bush in the garden warily*)
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-