Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 24 June, 2014, 02:17:10 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 24 June, 2014, 12:20:58 PMEmily Blunt doesn't look so hot

Nor's yo' mama.

Sorry, I was wrong to say that, I'm not sure what came over me.....

She looks even better with blonde hair in this photo the film doesn't sound so bad once I read a short synopsis for it.

Yet, the trailer doesn't do her or it much justice.

Based a famous manga I've never read and the time looping mechanic sounds like a good explanation for the longevity of every character I've ever created/played ever MMO I ever played.

BUT...

What's a Mimic?

Is that not rip-off of a earlier film about something similar.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Professor Theopolis K Bear on 24 June, 2014, 04:19:40 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 24 June, 2014, 12:20:58 PMEmily Blunt doesn't look so hot (Not as much as she was in Wind-Chill.)

I was on the fence about this, but now I don't think I'll bother.
None of you have seen her back muscles yet. Woof!  :o

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Professor Theopolis K Bear on 24 June, 2014, 04:19:40 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 24 June, 2014, 12:20:58 PMEmily Blunt doesn't look so hot (Not as much as she was in Wind-Chill.)

I was on the fence about this, but now I don't think I'll bother.

Wind-Chill was a very creepy film and if watched alone in the dark, during a cold night...

Yet, I never felt this way about it on more than one viewing.

I have very fond memories of the scene where Emily Blunt lets the male lead stick his hands under her sweater and shirt to counteract thee effects of his mysterious frostbite and it's twist ending.

Professor Bear

Yeah, and look at her in that second picture - you'd think in her position as an actress she'd get cleaned up for a photo.  She's really let herself go.

shaolin_monkey

I saw Edge of Tomorrow last night.  I was pleasantly surprised!  Tom Cruise was actually quite good in it. 

Mardroid

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 24 June, 2014, 03:03:14 PM.

Zoolander- I refuse to believe anyone hasn't seen this, or doesn't love it unreservedly as I do. It's one of my "happy films".

When I saw it advertised when it first came out, it didn't appeal to me at all. I thought it looked stupid and made me groan inside.

Years later, I actually watched it.  A very funny film. And the stupidity mentioned above, actually taken in context (I.e. intentional character based stuff, not cheap laughs) was a major part of what made it so funny.

Theblazeuk

I can't look left.

Always gets me...

Tiplodocus

PARKER
Starring Jason Statham and Jennifer Lopez. I really don't have to say much more do I?

But it completely lacks any of the stuff that made the Transporter films (just about) watchable.

For a time, it looks like it's going to be some bizarre mating of gritty revenge thriller and girly rom-com but even that doesn't pan out.

And I know it's a trope for injuries that would hospitalise a normal person to be shrugged off in these kinds of movies but, if that's the case, why go to pains to point out how badly injured a character is and how they can barely walk only for the injury to be forgotten as soon as the next action set piece begins? It's like watching Wolverine.

Our piscene majesty has a good quote about Statham which I'll let him post. But it equally applies to the
egregious Jennifer Lopez. Poor old Taylor Hackford must have groaned when he saw not only such a plodding script but that he had to direct these two as well.

Only refreshing bit? [spoiler]Parker and Leslie don't get it on. He keeps it strictly business.[/spoiler]

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Mattofthespurs

Won't watch anything post Snatch with Statham in it.

Liked Payback, loved Point Blank and I love the Parker novels by Stark.

I did see the first Transporter film. I'm still trying to kill those brain cells with alcohol to rid me of the memory. It's nearly working. I now only confuse him with one of the Mitchell brothers from Eastenders. Same shit accent, same shit acting. I'm getting close!

Mattofthespurs

Re-watched "Momento" and "Fight Club". The first time I have watched these in over 10 years.

Obviously both superb but you all knew that anyway.

IronGraham

Zero Dark Thirty and Argo
We're werewolves not swearwolves

HdE

Argo's brilliant! The level of humour in the first half of the movie really took me by surprise.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

IronGraham

Quote from: HdE on 02 July, 2014, 07:15:28 PM
Argo's brilliant! The level of humour in the first half of the movie really took me by surprise.

Argo-fuckyerself classy line their
We're werewolves not swearwolves

HdE

My favourite line:

"The target audience'll hate it."

"Who's the target audience?"

"People with eyes."

And I've found myself snarling Bryan Cranston's simple but dynamically delivered  "Do your f***ing job!" line a few times since seeing the movie - entirely in context.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

radiator

Snowpiercer.

Knew very little going in, but from the extremely positive reviews I was anticipating an intense, inventive slice of Sci Fi action with a bit of sociopolitical commentary thrown in.

What I got was a glorified student art film - multiple extended scenes of fish(?) and Tilda Swinton doing a Sue Pollard impression.

Aggravatingly eccentric and weird, and utterly unengaging as a result. Lost count of the amount of times my mind wandered.

An excellent cast wasted on a truly dire script, replete with laughably bad 'twists' and a complete lack of narrative coherence or logic. Even though the majority of actors are Westerners speaking English it still has the feel of a badly dubbed foreign film because the dialogue is so poor.

A preposterous load of drivel - don't believe the hype. Genuinely think I'd have had a better time if I'd gone to see Transformers instead.