Main Menu

Don’t be a mug – obey the law!

Started by Molch-R, 19 May, 2011, 03:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

A top-quality mug lovingly wrapped in classic Judge Dredd artwork from one of the greats of 2000 AD® – the latest merchandise from The House of Tharg is perfect for sitting back and sipping your synthi-caff!

This limited edition Mega-City One Justice Department-approved beverage holder features the stunning wraparound cover from Prog 169 in 1980, drawn by legendary Judge Dredd artist Mick McMahon. It shows Dredd leading a charge of Mega City forces in one of the most iconic images from the early years of 2000 AD.

Exclusive to the 2000 AD online shop for just £7.99, this new mug joins a host of merchandise from t-shirts and action figures to badges and sketch books.

The new mug is available from http://shop.2000adonline.com

Matt Smith, editor of 2000 AD, said:
"The gatefold cover showing Dredd in a scene from the post-atomic American civil war is one of the defining images of Dredd from the first few years of 2000 AD so this is the perfect vessel for drinking the synthi-poison of your choice."

Bolt-01

Ooh, a dilemma. Do I use the McMahon or the Bolland? Or maybe one for tea and one for coffee?

Trout

Trout

Proudhuff

now that for subscribers would be ace... rather than a giant size tshirt
DDT did a job on me

pauljholden

Ah man, now I have to start drinking tea (or coffee). Can this thing hold water?

-pj

Steve Green

How about a heat-sensitive visible man one? :)

Teivion

I got mine a day early, thanks Keith, and road tested it with a cup of tea last night, worth every penny ! ;)

Dandontdare

ooh nice. I may have to 'accidentally' break a few lesser mugs to make room in the cupboard!

strontium71

...because I hate you.

COMMANDO FORCES

Come on, the obvious heat sensitive ones have to involve the female characters from 2000ADs history  ;)

mogzilla

Quote from: Dandontdare on 19 May, 2011, 06:07:24 PM
ooh nice. I may have to 'accidentally' break a few lesser mugs to make room in the cupboard!

i keep trying that she only finds more flowery ones!

Colin YNWA

Thats a lovely choice of cover. The question is though how big is it. I like my cuppa to be a big cuppa. Would this hold a big cuppa?

JOE SOAP

It's my favourite cover so I bought three, for the inevitable colour fade over the coming years. Funny that this cover becomes physical merchandise before it's even a fully fleshed-out story.

Greg M.

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 19 May, 2011, 09:01:41 PM
Funny that this cover becomes physical merchandise before it's even a fully fleshed-out story.

That's what I was thinking... now this is a cup, does that make it one step closer to official continuity status?