Main Menu

PRESS RELEASE: Tharg the Mighty meets Dragons’ Den!

Started by Molch-R, 27 September, 2011, 03:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

Announcing the first official 2000 AD convention portfolio session in years – culminating in a Dragons' Den-style show off!

2000 AD has teamed up with the annual Thought Bubble convention to create a very special event for budding comic book artists.

Thought Bubble is the UK's largest annual event which celebrates sequential art in all its forms, including everything from superheroes to independent and small press comics. Thought Bubble 2011 will take place in Leeds with a centre-piece two day convention on Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th November.

Tharg demands that budding artists prove their worth before he will let them enter the Galaxy's Greatest Comic – and this special portfolio session is not for the faint-hearted!

To take part in the first Tharg's Thrill Challenge, artists should view the free sample five-page script – the Terror Tale 'Patch Pea Podlings' by Arthur Wyatt – available on the Thought Bubble website, draw their own version of it, and bring their efforts to the Saturday portfolio sessions being held at the 2000 AD stall.
The six best efforts chosen by Tharg himself will then go before a panel on the Sunday, where some of 2000 AD's top-name talent will pass judgement in front of a live audience!

Only the brave-hearted need apply, earthlets – dare you bring your wares before the searing gaze of Tharg the Mighty?!

*Please note, the portfolio sessions and Sunday event are open only to pages based on the script provided.

http://www.2000adonline.com/news/27-09-2011/dragons_den_meets_the_nerve_centre/

Bolt-01

Richmond Clements

I'm assuming that the winner gets printed in the prog?

Good luck, chaps and chapettes!

Molch-R

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 27 September, 2011, 03:18:39 PM
I'm assuming that the winner gets printed in the prog?

Good luck, chaps and chapettes!

No, it's a previously printed strip. The winner gets goodies.

Richmond Clements

Spaceghost

I'm already going to Thought Bubble this year so I can't not do this can I? It's too good an opportunity to miss.

Jesus...more drawing. My poor right hand...

Does anyone know how to stop time so I can catch up with all the stuff I've committed myself to drawing?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

davethomson

Curses! I can't make it down to Leeds for this. :'(

Please tell me this might happen at more conventions in the future. I will take part! And I'll be in fancy dress for the live session!
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

Rio De Fideldo

"Thought Bubble 2011 will take place in Leeds with a centre-piece two day convention on Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th."

Don't mean to be an arse but for a press release it might not hurt to say which month this is on.

CrazyFoxMachine

Yes. If I find the time to draw five pages in a style that is tolerable then I'll do it!

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Cpt Rhodes

Live audience? that is some nerve wracking shit!
I could only get through something like that drunk.