Main Menu

Something to do with 2000AD films PLC and a E-Mail i just got

Started by SovietSam, 04 September, 2002, 01:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

Troutster..

I'll certainly be up for a tenner. Perhaps mor e if they were to accept a joint bid.

What if some put in ?20 or ?50?

Wake

As someone who's unlikely to run away from this site, I'd be willing to coordinate a %in %out split on an investment. I think multiples of ?20 would be most appropriate. The more you risk, the more you might gain if the films are ever actually made.

Wake

malkymac

I would put in a couple of hundred maybe. There was a company a few years ago that used this method fronted by Brian Blessed that made a couple of (ok)Scottish history dramas ('Chasing the Deer' and 'The Bruce') which were alright films but their respective bugdets were about 0.5M pounds each. You would not get much of a JD movie for that unless it was all set in the cursed earth perhaps (and even then filmed on location in Lanarkshire on the coal slag heaps).  

Demon Chicken

I'm up for it, and I'd quite happily chip in ?50

McNulty

Put me down for ?50 as well, assuming we ever get it all together.

Slippery PD

Id also make a donation of at least a tenner, maybe more dependant on my monetary status and wether we get something organised

-Yer Slippo

Something Fishy

OK then.  This seems like it could work.

Put me down for ?50 too Wake.

Wake

So far that's

?50
Wake
HRH Something Fishy
McNulty
Demon_chicken

?10 (might need to be encouraged upwards)
King Troutman
Strontium Doug
Matt
Hexen
Oddboy
Moly
Slippery Jim

which makes ?270.

I might go higher too, depending on what the prospectus reads like.

Wake

Devons Daddy

i would be part of this as well
im in for fifty pounds sterling,
im not so bothered about the returns myself, just the idea if this took off, it might help with publicity which can only  be good for rebelloin and in turn tooth,.
win win for  all of us.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

Screw it - put me down for ?20 (Bastard bank cashpoint stole a twenty the other week so I guess I'm used to losing that much!)

Wake - would it be possible to add a box on the sign in page for the ammount you want to invest, & then have a page showing the results - that way we can easily see how much is raised & how much we've promised etc kinda like an 'official' poll?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Tiplodocus

IIRC, a lot of the investors in LEGIONNAIRES had the opportunity to appear as extras in the film.  Maybe they could do soemthing like that with whatever they plan to produce with this budget of ?410?

On the current budget, we should be able to get "stars" of the calibre we see on "Help, I'm a celebrity. Get me out of here!"
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Wake

I've just made a poll for it. However, since people kept going for ?50, I've made the three lowest steps ?10, ?25 and ?50.

As with other polls, you can see how much you've voted for and what other people have voted, but not who else has voted (though I can retrieve this from the database).

Cheers,

Wake

Link: Share scheme poll

Tex Hex

OK, OK. Ill sit on 25 at the moment. But if all goes I could be persuaded a little higher.

Mudcrab

Looks like this is almost turning into a serious proposal! Bump me up to ?50 Wake. Cheers.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Wake

I'm now ignoring this list in favour of the poll. Please could everyone vote there.

Cheers,

Wake

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=fan&page=poll&choice=1031221915" target="_blank">Vote here