Main Menu

Mad Max anyone?

Started by SKD, 20 July, 2013, 09:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKD

Ghost MacRoth

Oh yes please!  Fallout New Vegas with cars?  How could it be anything but brilliant?

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 20 July, 2013, 09:29:29 PM
Oh yes please!  Fallout New Vegas with cars?  How could it be anything but brilliant?

Because film adaption games don't exactly have the track record of being good....

IAMTHESYSTEM

Certainly might look out for it. 2014?... feels like forever.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

GrudgeJohnDeed

Its being made by the Just Cause guys i think, if they get a bit of free reign with this it could be fantastic!!

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 21 July, 2013, 10:28:15 AM

Because film adaption games don't exactly have the track record of being good....

Stop pissing on my parade!!  I want it to be awesomeness of much....erm....awesomeness!! But you do have a point damn you!
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Radbacker

well at least after fan outrage they've decided to move the story back from America (yes you read that correctly, this was a Mad Max game set in America, with an American Max!!!) and into its natural oz Radback.

CU Radbacker

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 21 July, 2013, 08:19:36 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 21 July, 2013, 10:28:15 AM

Stop pissing on my parade!!  I want it to be awesomeness of much....erm....awesomeness!! But you do have a point damn you!

Heh... right with you on this, man - really hope it'll be awesome..!

GrudgeJohnDeed

whats wrong with americans?? dont they like seeing films set in faraway lands? give me a proper war of the worlds film please.

SKD

My memory is a bit hazy now, but didn't they overdub the first Mad Max film with American actors voices for the U.S. release? Ah, our American cousins. :D I had read about the continental shift for the game, like you Radbacker, i'm pleased they've moved it back to it's natural home in Oz.   

As for the game. Looking at the trailer, it doesn't seem to be based on any of the films (old or new) It is simply using the character of Max Rockatansky and the enviroment/world where the movies are set. I think they are telling a new story, possibly set between Mad Max 1 & 2, as in the preview he is wearing the leg calliper and still has the V8 Interceptor.

Stew.       

SKD

There is a Mad Max motion comic on the way, to add some backstory to the vidio game. It introduces 'Chumbucket' the mechanic, this is the guy in the game you go to for your vehicular upgrades. The strip is by writer Tom Taylor (Tharg's 3rillers) and artist Jason Shawn Alexander (Abe Sapien).

There is a preview over on Comic Book Resources. http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2013/07/sdcc-13-dcs-mad-max-motion-comic-ties-into-video-game/

Stew.

Dash Decent

All I could think while watching that whole part with him in silhouette was "Johnny Alpha".

Looking at it as a still though, I can see Dredd too - though with his pads on the wrong shoulders.

Dagnabit, where's our Strontium Dog game, Rebellion?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Professor Bear

Quote from: Radbacker on 22 July, 2013, 01:48:42 AMwell at least after fan outrage they've decided to move the story back from America

I don't know that there was outrage so much as there was some guys saying things on Twitter so the creative developer said "yeah, okay" seeing as the game was still at such an early stage that changing things was no big deal.  I sort of half-believe they were hoping there was more of a fuss so they could promote the game off it.

Hoping this is good.  Been waiting for a good Fallout-with-vehicles ever since Rage let me down.