Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taryn Tailz

And things have suddenly gotten a whole lot better.

Tonight I received a message from the Gender Clinic saying 'If you have been referred to us from April 2016 onwards, we expect to offer you an appointment within 6 months.'

As I was referred at the beginning of June, I've suddenly had six months knocked off my waiting time. :) :) :)

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trent

Lying in bed in our new home in the Lakes listening to the pouring rain.
Been feeling tired since the move but had my latest chemo yesterday and my CEA factor is only 6 so the cancer remains asleep for now. Great stuff.
Have an incredible wife (even if she is from 'up North') but miss our lad who is still currently down South.
Guy buying our old house declared last week he wanted to complete this one and has now decided he would like us to pay half his extra stamp duty on his additional home so that fucked us off. Cheeky prick can sod off obviously. Not sure why he thinks I would rather spend £6k on subsidising his property portfolio rather rhan say have a trip to the US, but there you go.
Good and bad, but overall I'm a happy boy.

Grugz

you're a northerner now ya racist bastich! LOL ,the lakes are lovely in any weather.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Trent

I like to think of it as intellectual snobbery rather than racism.

Grugz

its quite alright ,no one expects you southerners to be as clever as us norts.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Something Fishy

Sounds a lovely place to be Trent.  Good luck in your continuing treatment.

Trent

You may have a point Grugz, the Southers always seem to need some genetic freak to help them defeat the Norts.
Not quite sure if Bojo counts or who's side he is on. I think he has the same problem, apart from being on Team Boris obviously.
Thanks for the thoughts Fishy, it is a truly lovely spot, feels like being on holiday every day.

Something Fishy

That's lovely  :). It can be a bit like that where I live in Cornwall, though the daily grind always comes back but it is a lovely place to work in.

Trent

An insurance payout when I was diagnosed has enabled us to move and me to pack up work, so for a few years anyway I actually am on holiday.
I have the pleasing distraction of, now having moved what seems like several tonnes of 'stuff', I get to go through it all and sell off everything I don't really, really want around (or to lumber my missus with if things don't pan out).
Might be the odd bits the board may be interested in like signed stuff and the like.

Something Fishy

Oh good news for you!  That's perfect whilst you convalesce.  I hope you enjoy the next few years and get fighting fit again.

Must admit I'd love to do the same.  I have some savings with that in mind but can't do it until after my son finishes uni in a few years.  Also I've only got back from a long battle with eye problems myself so am happy to have my career back for a year or 3  :)

Trent

The prognosis is not great but if I do ever go back to work it'll be doing something that I want after a lifetime of unfulfilling accountancy which unfortunately I turned out to be quite good at even if I mostly found it unengaging.
I hope your work is something you enjoy, but really the greatest boon in life is choice.

Jim_Campbell

According to today's echocardiogram, it turns out I don't have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Which is nice.

(This is an inheritable condition that causes thickening of the ventricle walls and can cause arrhythmia and, eventually, heart attacks. The male sides of both parents' families are a catalogue of early deaths from heart attack, so I don't mind admitting that it's been a bit of a worry since finding out it was a possibility. Gawd bless the NHS for the notification/referral/screening procedure that settled it all today.)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Something Fishy

Trent

Good news Jim, guess that explains your curmudgeonness. All sweetness and light from now on eh?