Main Menu

Judge Dredd Origins trade missing pages

Started by Stan, 25 July, 2012, 08:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

I've been buying Origins for a few friends and picked up the third and final one today. By sheer luck I decided to have a quick check before mailing it out and noticed there's almost two chapters missing where it makes the switch between artists.

I don't know if this is a one off or whole batches are affected. I've already sent two to a friend but she's away so can't check them for a week. I'm hoping at least one of those is good. There are two different versions marked by the different price listing at the back. £12.99 and £15.99. Today I got the £15.99 version and my friend got one of each so she may be able to narrow it down to a specific version of the book, assuming this wasn't a one off.

The potential waste of cash is only part of the problem though. What's annoying is that I may have sent out a substandard Dredd introductory book to a newb. I know she read the £12.99 version and hasn't sent the other on yet so that gives me a little hope at least.

JOE SOAP

Mine had extra pages involving a war between Mega City One and Texas City.

I believe this matter had been with a printing of certain older batches. I'm sure they could at least be returned to the shop of origin.

Stan

Maybe I'm in luck then. I think it's safe to assume the £12.99 books are newer. And I can at least return the one I got today. Two out of three would be a decent result at this point.

I wouldn't mind so much if they get extra pages.  >:(

Stan

It turns out the other two books are good so hopefully it was a one-off(ish) rather than a whole batch being ruined. That's a relief. Especially to my wallet.