Main Menu

BRISTOL 2005 Small Press thread

Started by Conexus, 14 May, 2005, 02:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conexus

Does exactly what is says on the tin, pimp and review small press zines available at Bristol here

Art

Paul Scott is collecting small press comics to send to me, so if you have a comp copy of something for me get in touch with him.

The Amstor Computer

Good thunking, Conexus - I should have posted this earlier, but I'm glad you did.

Generally Contrary

Alright Connexus, these have been pimped before, but what kind of pimp settles for that?  Not Huggy Bear, that's for sure.  I'll have two comics for sale at Bristol - I'm still stapling them together now, and you can see the covers of them both at the link below.

Link: http://bartlettsbizarrebazaar.blogspot.com/2005/05/comics-coming-very-soon.html" target="_blank">Tales of the Contrary and Empirical Majesty - chap

Generally Contrary

The Amstor Computer

*BUMP* for anyone with net access & not absolutely hammered...

Endjinn

In my grubby hunt for sketches, I forgot to pick up Empirical Majesty and The End is Nigh. Doh!

Tales of the Contrary was very good. I liked the clone story especially.

FutureQuake 4 is bloody good though (had a flick through this morning) and the Free Fangs with Solar Wind really do Glow in the Dark.

The Amstor Computer

"Free Fangs"? Is Paul on a quest to bankrupt himself? ;-) I'm really looking forward to reading the new issue of SW, and both FQ4 and TEiN look promising. What's Solar Wind got in it this time around?

WoD

I've read (most of) Omnivistascope and FutureQuake and all of Lost Property and they all rock.  The End Is Neigh looks bloomin excellent (but LMS took the whole looking like a zombie thing too far in his efforts to plug it - he had some excuse about not being well, but who was he trying to kid!!); only read a fraction so far (it's a big read) but what I've read rocks.

Still have loads more SP stuff to read, but the overall quality was really impressive.

Dan Kelly

So far I've  read:

Omnivistascope
Sunny
Solar Wind
Future Quake 4
Pony School
Bolt's short strip thing (can't remember it's name)
Commercial Suicide #3
Just one Page

And havve a load more to go, including:
End is nigh (which looks fantastic)
and Tales of the Contrary.

There's certainly more there I haven't read, but too tired at the moment ;)

Richmond Clements

TEiN is awesome!
It's going to take ages to read it all, bloody well done to that sick young man!!
And the Frazer pic... my story... wahoo!!

Solar Wind: should have bought 2 copies to stop the children fighting over the fangs... they didn't want the braclet off Sunny, but then, that saved me buying the Wife a prezzie.

Flicked through a load of the others, I'll read them all eventually!

paulvonscott

I got Arthur Wyatt's, Gary Wilkinson's and UKDane's comics for them.  I missed out on Robert Lunn's comic for Art, but I'll try and e-mail him.  I did speak to robert, but forgot about it - sorry.

I'll happily take anything else needed for Art if people want to send me it.

If you want some more fangs, RAC, just send me your address and I'll post some out.

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

Richmond Clements

Paul, you're a gent!

I've now also read Pony School, which is superb. Mr. Coyle and Mr. Berridge: well done, and when's the next one.

Solar Wind and Sunny are perfect as always, with even my wife not only reading them, but laughing in (the right) places too!

House of Usher

I saw and loved the "WE3 on Earth 2" strip from Just 1 Page. But what was Just 1 Page, who did it, and how did I miss it?
STRIKE !!!