Main Menu

BRISTOL 2005 Small Press thread

Started by Conexus, 14 May, 2005, 02:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bico

I pity the fool that questions my editorial policy!

House of Usher

I reviewed Empirical Majesty in Comics International #187 this month, so look out for that one, Mr. Andrew Bartlett.

That's the lot, now. I sent out two review copies of Lost Property, but the reviewers in question appear not to have got copy to the reviews editor this month. It remains to be seen whether or not we'll see Lost Property reviewed in Comics International next month. I've done all I can, really. I'm not sure anyone is going to be reviewing The End Is Nigh. I don't know if any other CI reviewers bought a copy, but I hear it sells well enough with or without a review.

I still have copies of FutureQuake, Lost Property, Tales of the Contrary and Empirical Majesty waiting to go into Forbidden Planet in my home town as soon as the management guy gives the store manager the go-ahead. I looked into it yesterday, and we're still waiting. I'll see if I can get hold of him directly. I had a drink with him at Bristol Expo. I wonder if he'll remember me? Hope springs eternal.
STRIKE !!!

Bolt-01

And on behalf of all the small press you've plugged or reviewd I say thankyou.

Bolt-01, now about more House of Usher strips....

House of Usher

Ha ha !!

I'll definitely be working on it in August.

:-)
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Latest: Lost Property reviewed by Christine Harper in Comics International #188 (September, Spider-man cover).

8/10

Thanks, Christine!
STRIKE !!!

Bolt-01

EIGHT!

Far out!

Remember folks, Lost Property 2 is still in the works. I'm starting to get some really nice owork in now, so I can only hope for a 9 for next issue!

Bolt-01, well chuffed.

longmanshort

Is EiN likely to be in October's issue, mate?
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Phuz

So what does the Comics International's review of Lost Property say?

House of Usher

"A fat collection of comic strips, most of which have a running gag/theme. The success is hit and miss, but the 50% batting average is pretty good. Big Dog shouldn't be funny, but somehow is. Brummie jokes abound. We'll overlook the appalling misuse of the term schizophrenic. Great value for money!"
STRIKE !!!

petemaskreplica

"Big Dog shouldn't be funny, but somehow is"

Permit me a moment of smugness :)

Oddboy

Petemask - Permitted.... in fact, encouraged!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Phuz

Is EiN likely to be in October's issue, mate?

I would say very likely, mate!

So did 'End is Nigh' get reviewed in October's Comics International?

longmanshort

No idea John, can't find a copy of it. (and sorry for not replying to the same question on the newsgroup!)
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Byron Virgo

No, and as far as I know it's not getting a review.

Maybe they will for issue 2...

And surely it's TEiN?