Main Menu

Comics you are most excited about in 2015

Started by Colin YNWA, 17 March, 2014, 08:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well actually not as much as I should be but more Asterix is more Asterix

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01/06/the-best-selling-comic-of-2015-has-just-been-scheduled/

Just was too fussed with the last one and for some reason thought that a different team was on this book. Oh well we'll see.

J.Smith

Can't be specific about anything here because nothing's actually been announced but earlier today I found out that IDW have bought Top Shelf and I'm already salivating grossly over the possibilities of seeing far greater editions released for some of the latter's catalogue. A lot of books there that would look amazing in oversized hardcovers.

Colin YNWA

More importantly will IDW's buy out mean we can finally get those two Bacchus Omnibii that I've been waiting for since the dawn of time?

Hawkmumbler

God I hope so. That's been on my reading list for years.

ming

Prophet: Earth war.  Starting later this month.  So much fantastic mental goodness cannot be ignored.  Wahoo!

The collected edition of Volume 4 is out at the start of February :)

Hawkmumbler

ming

No, still going... Last volume (Earth War) starts later this month.

Hawkmumbler

AH! I though Earth War was going to be a spin-off. I was going to read the collected editions when it's completed. I could have sworn it was ending in 2013...

Link Prime

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 07 January, 2015, 11:44:47 AM
AH! I though Earth War was going to be a spin-off. I was going to read the collected editions when it's completed. I could have sworn it was ending in 2013...

The Prophet series 'ended' with issue 45 last year, but the story was unresolved- to be concluded in the Prophet Earth War 6 part mini-series this year.

Hawkmumbler

Vertical have launched a survey on their site asking for suggestions on which Gundam series they should start serializing after concluding The Origin. Which is fucking ace and everyone should be reading it.

Ancient Otter

Here's a look at a lot of new titles coming from Image Comics this year.

Colin YNWA

The only one that immediately jumps out at me there is Black Wood. Though I'm sure as I read more others will start to sound more interesting, particularly Paper Girls.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 13 January, 2015, 09:32:33 PM
The only one that immediately jumps out at me there is Black Wood. Though I'm sure as I read more others will start to sound more interesting, particularly Paper Girls.
Yeah, Northlanders by another name sounds good to me and is that the same Garry Brown who knocked up a couple of cracking covers for Tharg a few years back on art duties?

The big draw for me in that list has to be the long promised new series of Phonogram. August can't come quick enough.
We never really die.

WeirdLordSulphur

Secret Wars
Convergence
Sons Of The Devil
D4ve

Ancient Otter

If you missed Mezolith the first time around, Archaia Studio Press will be re-releasing it in May. It will be a smaller size hardback to the English edition though.