Main Menu

Stupid things people have actually said to you.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 18 October, 2004, 07:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 31 January, 2010, 03:29:19 PM
There's another popular racist myth about immigrant mothers leaving their baby-buggies at bus-stops because the government will give them another one as soon as they get off.  

My own mother believes that one, trotting it out and tutting loudly when I told her how much our own baby buggy cost.  Apparently the black ones don't even have to use the bus, as they get given people-carriers to put all their hordes of children in, whereas tax-paying folk like us have to squeeze all of us and the dog into a Micra.  My Mum's generally a lovely person, but the racist crap she absorbs and repeats is very depressing.

johnnystress

Guy I know:

"You know those posh girls like Paris Hilton? They carry those little dogs around in their hand-bags right? You know what they use them for?  That's right they get them to lick them out!"

Me:

::)

House of Usher

Quote from: TordelBack on 31 January, 2010, 02:46:38 PM
apparently 500 litres capacity is way more than adequate... because only about half of players shower after each game, with that falling to as few as a third of away players if they're travelling from  outside the county. Smelly buggers indeed.

Argh, the smelly bastards! And what's worse, the visitors all go back home together in a warm coach!!! Ewwwwww! And greeted by frowning, pursed-lipped wives and girlfriends at the other end, no doubt. With a hot bath running. Of course, not showering after exercize saves time. I used to get away with it when I worked in a small office with just one other person (I smelled hardly at all!), but in the open plan office where I work now there'll be no getting away with it. There's one guy who stinks to high heaven every day to a radius of about 20 desks but I don't think he's the sporty type. I think he's just averse to soap and deodorant.

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 31 January, 2010, 03:29:19 PM
There's another popular racist myth about immigrant mothers leaving their baby-buggies at bus-stops because the government will give them another one as soon as they get off.

Quote from: TordelBack on 31 January, 2010, 03:35:35 PM
My own mother believes that one, trotting it out and tutting loudly when I told her how much our own baby buggy cost.

This myth must be a localized one. I don't think I'd hear that one round here because we have buses that drop on hydraulics to meet the kerb and there's pushchair accommodation on board, so you don't even have to collapse a buggy, you can just wheel it on.
STRIKE !!!

HdE

Quote from: House of Usher on 31 January, 2010, 12:39:54 PM
Bah! Rugby. What's that, apart from one great big, institutionalized Freudian ego-defence mechanism? It's repressed homosexuality.

And yet, perversely, so many of them still find the time to engage in heterosexual intercourse when there's a faint possibility of destroying somebody's marriage or burgeoning relationship.

Am I saying all rugby players are scum? No. Just the ones I've met. ;)
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

HdE

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 31 January, 2010, 03:32:46 PM
There's no other kind of racist.  Sadly we can't ship them back where they came from because The Bigoted Republic of Moronia is a fictional nation.

Wha-? NO WONDER I COULDN'T FIND IT ON THE BLOODY MAP!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: House of Usher on 31 January, 2010, 04:42:53 PM

Argh, the smelly bastards! And what's worse, the visitors all go back home together in a warm coach!!! Ewwwwww! And greeted by frowning, pursed-lipped wives and girlfriends at the other end, no doubt. With a hot bath running. Of course, not showering after exercize saves time. I used to get away with it when I worked in a small office with just one other person (I smelled hardly at all!), but in the open plan office where I work now there'll be no getting away with it. There's one guy who stinks to high heaven every day to a radius of about 20 desks but I don't think he's the sporty type. I think he's just averse to soap and deodorant.

I used to be a member of a health club and i never used to bother washing after working out partly because i dont sweat very much and never smell and partly because i couldnt stand the rank smell of the shower room however the showers were individual cubicles which was good because i dont very much like open showers very much as i have had bad experiences with those from when i was living in London and renovating flats as there were extended periods when i had no bathroom as it had just been ripped out.

I quite enjoy cold showers sometimes too as its exhilerating.

I know that rank stale musty smell that you get from someone who doesnt wash themselves or their clothes.Yuk.

I was forced to play Rugby at school but i had no interest in it whatsoever.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

I sweat loads when I'm exercizing, but it's a fresh sweat smell!  :lol:

(like new-mown hay  :D )

If I can't be bothered to shower at work I (used to) wipe it off, spray deodorant and change clothes. Quite genuinely, running for the bus or sitting in a hot meeting room is going to make my pits smell worse than after vigorous exercize.

Now I'm on flexi-time and my hair's shorter I've no reason to skip showering. No-one cares what time I get back to my desk and it doesn't matter if my hair gets wet at work any more.
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

Quoteit doesn't matter if my hair gets wet at work any more.

What if it's dirty plant water that gets in your hair when they make you buy flowers everyday with my taxes?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 31 January, 2010, 10:36:05 PM
Quoteit doesn't matter if my hair gets wet at work any more.

What if it's dirty plant water that gets in your hair when they make you buy flowers everyday with my taxes?

Would that be the bouquets we routinely hand out to economic migrants on production of a stamped claim form for a lost baby stroller? Nope, not my job. And by the way, they carry the flowers in a carrier bag, low to the ground, not over the shoulder on a brickie's hod, so my hair would be quite safe from assault by algified bacterial soup whichever way you look at it.
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

One day the florists will get sick of you getting free flowers and they will call Daniel Hannwateran in to strike a blow for liberty by propping a water bucket on the door so that it falls on you when you saunter in, throwing your governmental weight around.

PS - I don't actually hate House of Usher.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

Technically I don't have governmental weight to throw around because I work for a branch of the civil service that has nominal independence but statutorily provides a service to government and the public.
STRIKE !!!

HdE

Quote from: House of Usher on 01 February, 2010, 12:18:09 AM
Technically I don't have governmental weight to throw around because I work for a branch of the civil service that has nominal independence but statutorily provides a service to government and the public.

So... does that mean you can help me get my £8.00 'handling fee' back from Royal Mail? It IS an unlawful fee, after all...

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

Quote'A' service, not just 'any' service

Ah, that service! Hush-hush, wink-wink.  We'll all be nicer to you from now on, 'U'.

Goatilocks

I was out with a couple of mates on Saturday night and talk soon swung to a particularly nasty murder case here in Ireland:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0129/cawleyc.html

Here was a guy who bludgeoned his wife, left her bleeding to death and hid his bloody clothes in the attic (!)

One of the guys I was with turned round and said, "I heard she (the wife) gave him an awful time - she was contantly nagging him; mental abuse an' all that."

It never fails to amaze me how even in the face of extreme violence towards women misogynist pricks will defend their fellow man ...