Main Menu

How old is Chopper? How about Rogue?

Started by Al_Ewing, 30 June, 2004, 11:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

All of you who mock Rogue, you're all going to hell.

Rio De Fideldo

I'm not mocking him I'm deadly serious.

Rogue can be brought back to be great again.

You could bring back Bland and Brass too. The injuries they had, could have been feigned to get Rogue to trust them enough so he would go to the Ends of Nu Earth to fall into the Traitor General's trap. Hooked up to the Dream Machine, Rogue is helpless until his subconcious begins to tell him the increasingly unlikely stories (Fr1day in particular) are "just a dream".

He awakens to find the Traitor General has escaped once again.

In case you hadn't noticed this is something of an unhealthy obsession for me.

Smiley

how did it end?!?

Rogue followed him to Nu-Earth's equivalent of the north pole, where the traitor sicced a load a robots on him (having nicked a chip that could control them off some alien delegates).

paulvonscott

"He awakens to find the Traitor General has escaped once again."

No, let that traitor die....

Matt

paulvonscott

Why should Rogue die?  What's he done wrong?

Matt

Hows about slipping into the realms of turgid continuity. That and the fact that he's the most one dimensional, cardboard cutout of a character ever to grace the pages of 2K. Even Ratty had more personality than Rogue. And he's just a rat for fecks sake. It's not I don't like Rogue, I do, but after the TG storyline was concluded the series had nowhere left to go and should have finished there. Even Gordon couldn't generate much more mileage from the character.

paulvonscott

I agree it went nowhere after traitor general, just saying he doesn't deserve death for the dodging writing of others!

JayzusB.Christ

Geekily enough, I've just checked Chopper's exact age. I'm almost sure his age was given as 27 in that Supersurf 13 thingy by Alan McKenzie, which was in 1995. Given Dredd's world moves in 'real-time', that makes him about 36. I am a spa and should get out more, but there you go.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Thread Zero

Chopper - aproximately 13 on his first appearance in 1981 (2101 Dredd-time), so he's about 36.

Rogue - dropped onto Nu Earth age 20, takes three years to find the Traitor - probably not yet in his mid-20's.

Generally Contrary

20, that's rubbish Souther technology for you.  How old were those baby-things on robot legs that Norty had?  I mean, if I were in charge of military genetics I'd want to produce soldiers a bit quicker than that.  

I mean, the even the British Army recruits at 16, and send 'em into battle at 18.  And soldiers around the world are often younger than that.