Main Menu

Longest Ever Story Title?

Started by Funt Solo, 04 March, 2005, 05:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

[SPOILERS FOR PROG 1428]

The title for the latest Nikolai Dante story ("How Could You Believe Me When I Said I Loved You When You Know I've Been A Liar All My Life") got me thinking - is that the longest title ever in 2000AD?

Prog 506 had the Judge Dredd story "They Shoot Deejays, Don't They? (Or At Least They Ought To!)" - which might be the second longest.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

House of Usher

I really enjoyed one episode of DC's Suicide Squad: Vol. 1 #52 (April 1991), which had a great title: "The Death and Life and Death and Life and Death and Life of Dr. Light"
STRIKE !!!

Trout

As a side issue:

How Could You Believe Me When I Said I Loved You When You Know I've Been A Liar All My Life?
From the MGM Picture "Royal Wedding"
Music by Burton Lane; Lyric by Alan Jay Lerner
Performed by Jane Powell and Fred Astaire

Fred: How could you believe me when I said I loved you when you know I've been a liar all my life?

Jane: You've had that reputation since you were a youth-

F: You must've been insane to think I'd tell you the truth!

J: How could I believe you when you said we'd marry-

F: Why, you know I'd rather hang than have a- wife! I know I said, I'd make you mine-

J: Now wouldn't you know that I would go for that old line!

F: How could you believe me when I said I loved you when you know I've been a liar...

J: You sure have been a liar!

F: A double crossin' liar...

J: A double crossin' liar!

F: All my doggone, cheatin' life!

J: You said that you'd love me long...

F: (shouted) So what?

J: and never would do me wrong...

F: (shouted) Stop bending the suit!

J: and faithful you'd always be...

F: ME? Why baby you must be loony to ever believe a lower than low two-timer like me!

J: You said I'd have everything...

F: (shouted, to audience) Get her!

J: A beautiful diamond ring...

F: (laughing up his sleeve) ha ha ha..

J: A bungalow by the sea...

F: (shouted, to audience) A bungalow, yet! (sung, to Jane) You're really naive to ever believe a full of baloney phoney like me!

J: (spoken) Why, I sure must've lost my head!

F: (spoken) You ain't lost nothin' you never had!

J: What about the time you went to Indiana?

F: I was lyin', I was down in Ala-bam!

J: You said you had some business you had to complete-

F: What I was doing I would be a cad to repeat!

J: What about the evening you were with your mother...

F: I was rompin' with another honey-lamb!

J: To think you swore, our love was real!

F: Baby, leave us not forget that I'm a heel.

J: How could I believe you when you said you loved me...

F: Why, you know I've been a liar!

J: A good-for-nothin' liar!

F: All my good-for-nothin' life!

(bridge)

J: You know you've have been a liar!

F: I know I've been a liar...

J: A double crossin' liar!

F: A double crossin' liar!

J: All your good-for-nothin' life!

,Mr. Nice

Actually, I think the "official" story title is merely "How could you believe me...?", much like the very first double page splash which started it all proclaimed "The Adventures of Nikolai Dante", while the next prog (and the site listing of the story etc.) shorten it to just "Nikolai Dante".

Funt Solo

http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=prog&page=profiles&choice=1428">This says that the full title is "How could you believe me when I said I loved you when you know I've been a liar all my life?" so nyah boo sucks.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Wake

The site database should not be taken as hard evidence as to whether the official title is "How could you believe me when I said I loved you when you know I've been a liar all my life?" or "How could you believe me...?". I just put it in that way because the title was too long for the available field and the shorter version appears at the front of the prog.

Wake

Devons Daddy

now this is the stuff pure sad comic fan boy legends are made of.

wheres logan to enjoy this thread i ask you.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

DavidXBrunt

The song might be more familiar to people from the Morecambe, Wise, and Rigg sketch which culminates with them singing it. I think it's about Charles I, it's certainly a historical sketch and, I think, filmed on location in some castle or other.

Trout

I wondered how you would know about it, David.

You didn't seem the type to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of old MGM musicals. (That's a compliment about your masculinity, BTW.)

I have no facilities to take advantage of it, but I wonder if it might of of use to have the song somewhere as a downloadable form?

Or is that going too far? :-)

- Trout

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Trout