Main Menu

Watchmen II

Started by LARF, 23 March, 2005, 02:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARF

Don't get yer hopes up it's not a sequal, but tying in with the previous Watchmen thread I thought it would be interesting to see what could happen in a Watchmen sequal.

For instance: Rorshach's diary is found and published? or the world becomes a boring place and so a group of Watchmen work to create anarchy, Jon returns omnipotent witha god complex and a lack of any emotion decides to exterminate the human race, it's set in the far future etc. etc.

What do you reckon?

LARF

How about a collected book showing all the various art and artists that have appeared in 2000AD?

Noisybast

I reckon it'd look something like this...http://www.alanmooresenhordocaos.hpg.ig.com.br/watchbloodm.gif">
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Mr C

Jesus, Noisy, don't do that to a man!

Ooh, me dick ticker...

Leave watchmen as it is,no need for a sequel. The ending, as shown in the watchmen thread, is a sublime piece of comics writing. Adding to it would spoil the effect.

Tordelbach

Tell me you didn't just knock that one up right ths minute, Noisy - that's effin' brill, that is.  I'd suggest "After Midnite" as a subtitle.  If you had a slightly higher resolution version, I think I've just found a new poster for my desk....

Noisybast

Nah, nothing to do with me - it's been floating 'round the net for a few years.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Buddy

Dave Gibbons at Bristol last year said he and Moore considered a prequil on the Minute Men, this was before Moore fell out with DC et all...

He also said he wasn't sure if he would take a credit on the movie (if it ever gets made), as Moore had disowned any adaptation he feels uncomfortable about putting his name on it without Moore.

Art

Heh... It's stopped working, but that was one of the funniest images evah!

Funt Solo

I think what happend afterwards is best left to the individual reader to ponder on.

What might work would be various flashback tales, although to a great extent the key episodes in each character's life has already been covered.

Plus, of course, all the heroes in Watchmen are takes on already well established superheroes such as Batman, Superman and Captain America:  so it would be a bit derivative.

I always end up back at the conclusion that Watchmen should be left alone:  it went as far as it needed to.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dan Kelly

There have been some nice interviews with Paul Greengrass, the director of the movie, over on Chud.  They've dropped off the front page, but should still be on the left hand bar.

He says he still has hope for speaking to Alan, but says that he wouldn't expect it to be approved (or not) until it was finished

Dan

Link: http://www.chud.com/" target="_blank">chud

Bhuna

and speaking of Watchmen.

How much would you like this piece on your wall?

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=972&item=6521222831&rd=1" target="_blank">now that's nice!!

twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress