Main Menu

What's the best 2000AD one-off?

Started by Richmond Clements, 24 March, 2005, 12:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Dudley is going to some considerable effort to run a poll on this very question over on the review site.

Why not make him feel slightly less unwanted, and pop over and vote?

Link: http://www.2000adreview.co.uk/forum/index.php?showforum=3" target="_blank">Vote you dogs!!

Funtwangle

Tordelbach

'Necronauts' truly was the most awesome one-off of recent years, but I rate 'Shadows' and 'Tribal Memories' very highly too - 'Tribal Memories' takes the prize for punchiness and art, but 'Shadows' was genuinely intriguing, and had T.S.Eliot quotes, which pleased my adolescent brain..  Oddly I would have given 'Freaks' a vote, but they went and sequelled it to death.  Must go over and vote...

Byron Virgo

Necronauts, Leviathan, Xtnct, Fiends of the Eastern Front and Harry 20 all seem like front-runners at the moment...

Jared Katooie

Leviathan.

Except it's no longer a one-off.

Funt Solo

A sequel to Leviathan?  Tell me more.

As for one-offs, I highly rate Snow/Tiger, 13/Thirteen, From Grace (was it called?) and Skizz (the sequels never happened in my world).

And Shakara.

And some of the ones other people have mentioned.

The best, though?  That's tough.  I can't choose a single one.  I am impressed with the quality of recent one-offs over the past few years of 2000AD, though.  Not everything has to be a never-ending saga.  Memento, by Talbot, was a tour de force, in my humble onion.

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Art

Sequel to Shakara should be in progs this year, IIRC.

Oddboy

There was a one off 'flashback' episode of Leviathan in P2005, thus it's technically not a one off series.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Byron Virgo

I think that's being a bit picky, though. There aren't going to be any more 'Tales of the Leviathan', are there?