Main Menu

PROG 1432... CASUALTIES OF WAR!!!

Started by ARRISARRIS, 26 March, 2005, 03:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banners

Eh?

Evidently, the Prog left me speechless (or I had a half too-many Carlsbergs). Here's what I meant...(!)

...and the tiger sun stuff, which i thought was pretty cool as an intro to a series.

I really hope there will be more of TSDM. There was a whole exciting world and conflict created in the very first episode that was subsequently neither explored nor exploited (imho). On it's own this initial arc has been mere melodrama - but with more it could be seen in retrospect as the precursor to a very worthwhile epic.

M@

Trout

"aren't these threads always over analytical bullshit?"

Oh, yes.

But we keep doing them and, crucially, many of the writers, artists and editors keep reading them...

Funt Solo

"crucially, many of the writers, artists and editors keep reading them"

Well, in that case, I loved Tiger Sun Dragon Moon and you've left me hungry for more.  I thought that the relaxed pace of the story (in that a single fight lasted two progs) was a breath of fresh air and the minimalist dialogue entirely inkeeping with the wushu theme.

As one of the most original strips to hit the prog in recent times, I savoured every frame.  Please, Thargipops, give us more.

Descent is excellent so far:  Boo Cook is the lushmeister:  loving all the little details with the Judges rad-cloaks and the crash sequence and - ooh - I've just noticed the nod to Fight Club.  I'll not say anything about the script because I know that droid frequents the board and he'll not fit his head out of cyberspace if we all wax lyrical.

I really enjoy the VCs script, but (as always) I find the art pretty hit and miss.  The frame with the arlington maze and the birds, that's lovely...but generally I find this style off-putting, which I think detracts from the story.

American Gothic:  I'm just all vampired out after years of Buffy, Angel & Blade.  It does look like an enjoyable story, with the requisite gritty artwork but, well, it just doesn't hit the button for me.

Of course, the story is "vampire hires down-on-luck wagon master to transport the rest of the vampires across the wilderness, but it doesn't go quite according to plan".  Helltrekkers with Vampires!  Hrmn...the jury's out.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++