General Chat > Off Topic

The Political Thread

<< < (3755/3781) > >>

JayzusB.Christ:

--- Quote from: Funt Solo on 04 November, 2021, 06:01:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rara Avis on 04 November, 2021, 03:42:34 PM ---I just watched this ad and wondered 'Why are John Lewis making an ad about colonialism?'

--- End quote ---

It does rather portray the white person as vastly superior in ability and intellect. Oops?

--- End quote ---

To be fair, it doesn't get much whiter than that person (if indeed 'person' can be used to describe a different species).  I liked the ad anyway; as ads go it's quite a nice one.

Funt Solo:

--- Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 04 November, 2021, 10:18:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: Funt Solo on 04 November, 2021, 06:01:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rara Avis on 04 November, 2021, 03:42:34 PM ---I just watched this ad and wondered 'Why are John Lewis making an ad about colonialism?'

--- End quote ---

It does rather portray the white person as vastly superior in ability and intellect. Oops?

--- End quote ---

To be fair, it doesn't get much whiter than that person (if indeed 'person' can be used to describe a different species).  I liked the ad anyway; as ads go it's quite a nice one.

--- End quote ---

It is a nice ad. I'm a terrible cynic.

JayzusB.Christ:
I'd say you're quite a good cynic. :)

Funt Solo:
You're just saying that. :)

The Mind of Wolfie Smith:
The Metropolitan police has said it will not investigate the Downing Street Christmas party widely reported to have been held last year. In a much awaited statement, the force said it had a policy of not retrospectively investigating alleged breaches of coronavirus laws. But policing and prosecution sources told the Guardian there was no reason in law for police not to investigate, and essentially the Met’s decision was a choice. A former Met police chief said the force was acting as judge and jury.
but all crime is investigated retrospectively. so this is dredd coming true a little early. not only are the police now judge and jury, but implicit in this position is the suggestion that the police will now only investigate alleged misdemeanours committed in the future (e.g. city of the damned).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version