Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. It might be on its knees right now but I want to be here, and part of it, when this country gets back on its feet and stands proud again, free of the tyrant clowns and greedmongering monsters infecting not just us but the whole world.

Credo.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

And now the Telegraph has gone for Johnson's throat. I think that's him done, TBH.

Notice how the key points are all in the Twitter thread linked below, rather than expecting you to pay for access to the article behind the Telegraph's paywall. That's not a coincidence — they want him gone.

Et tu, Brutus?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

They certainly want someone gone, but I'm unsure whether that's Johnson or a civil service scalp. The Telegraph has been careful to note Johnson was away from Number 10 during this particular shindig.

Tiplodocus

Linking it to "the day before Prince Philip funeral" is a genius idea to remove any remaining support flag shaggers have for him.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Jim_Campbell

The Times is reporting that Sue Gray's report will be critical of the general atmosphere at No10 for "blurring the lines" between work and social events, but will conclude that there's "insufficient evidence of criminality" to warrant further action.

The Tories are going to try and front this out. I'm not sure that's going to play well with people who got a visit from the police because they had four people in their own back garden.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Lorenzo

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 January, 2022, 11:08:18 PM
And now the Telegraph has gone for Johnson's throat. I think that's him done, TBH.

Notice how the key points are all in the Twitter thread linked below, rather than expecting you to pay for access to the article behind the Telegraph's paywall. That's not a coincidence — they want him gone.

Et tu, Brutus?
If you want to read the telegraph article without paying, just use a 12ft ladder...

Telegraph

Funt Solo

Quote from: Lorenzo on 14 January, 2022, 09:18:24 AM
If you want to read the [paywalled articles], just use a 12ft ladder...

I love that.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 14 January, 2022, 08:46:42 AM
Linking it to "the day before Prince Philip funeral" is a genius idea to remove any remaining support flag shaggers have for him.

On the other hand, if you're not a flag shagger, it just highlights how the UK has an elite class who are above the rest of us. No doubt the Tories were partying on the eve on hundreds of funerals (no doubt a higher than average number), that the bereaved had to pay for out of their own pockets.
You may quote me on that.

Tjm86

That's the bit that pisses me off more than owt else about this latest revelation.  Mrs Windsor gets a full apology for a couple of minions having a few bevvies the night before Phil the Greek's send off.  Where is the apology for the rest of the nation?  Where is the apology for the number of funerals the bar stewards actually caused?

Oh, and the mithering from politicians now because Johnson has "tarnished the Tory brand'?????? FFS stop for a moment and think about the real and lasting damage the pillock has caused to the UK's economy, health, education, judiciary, democracy ... never mind reducing the country to a global laughing stock!  Nope, it's all about what people think of the Tories.

..... and breathe .....

IndigoPrime

Really, it's all fake. That's the thing. These people aren't pro-monarchy. They don't give a shit about the flag or the country. All they care about is themselves. The only reason there was an apology to the queen is because they know hurting her would negatively impact on the party's support. (Note how Rees-Mogg tackled the proles—he said he mourned for them, and argued the COVID restrictions were the problem and what caused their pain, not the PM and his colleagues having broken said rules and laws.)

Funt Solo

If you're not a Tory minion, this happens:

If you are a Tory minion, this happens:

Tory scum. Gaslighting the nation.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Hawkmumbler

Heading out to Bargain Booze for some office supplies.

JayzusB.Christ

He's not even going to do the decent thing and quit, it seems. It'll be a wave of populist sloganeering from here on in, and shame on anyone who buys it at this stage of the game.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IndigoPrime

The current cunning plan appears to be to distract Tories by saying they'll kill the BBC. If the BBC had any sense (it doesn't), it would respond with saying how challenging this would make it to retain the World Service, Radio 4, nature programmes and shows for children.

sheridan

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 17 January, 2022, 09:19:46 AM
The current cunning plan appears to be to distract Tories by saying they'll kill the BBC. If the BBC had any sense (it doesn't), it would respond with saying how challenging this would make it to retain the World Service, Radio 4, nature programmes and shows for children.

There's also something about using the Royal Navy to enforce immigration rules (which I assume means forcing people to turn back mid-channel, likely resulting in mass drownings).