General Chat > Off Topic

thinking that it's about time i gave up smoking

<< < (2/3) > >>

paulvonscott:
p.s  Just think how many new (and young) readers you could suck in with something like that!

JamieB:
Well, possibly, but it hasn't really worked for either Batman, Superman, or the JLA, whose toons are all now showing on Cartoon Network.

Ditto movies, really - neither Bats, the X-Men or any of the other filmed superheroes / comic characters (with the single exception of Ghost World) experienced much more than a blip the months after their respective movies opened.

*J*

paulvonscott:
Well, the Warner things are all superhero stories.  I'm not sure how much appeal they have to british youngsters.  Although a lot of batman merchandise WAS sold that related to the Cartoon Series, this may not have reached through to comics.  

Dredd originally was a strip for kids, if they kept the humour in, I think it could catch on.  The problem is if they came to the comic their parents may dissaprove of an overly violent, sweary comic book with tits and arses in it.  And unless you are fourteen+ I can't imagine the contents would be that thrilling.

I havn't seen superman or JLA.  I'm not a big superhero fan but I loved the Batman series.  Perhaps if the movies are succesful we could get an animated series of a similar calibre.  I think a live action series wouldn't be a very good idea.  Too expensive and probably wouldn't work.

I will of course see anything that comes out, but I had a dream about the animate Dredd series over ten years ago, so I'm hoping it will come to pass.

JamieB:
Have you had a look at www.coolbeansworld.com ?

Kinda interesting 3D-animated things going on there, Marshal Law especially gives a flabour of what a Dredd series *could* be like...

*J*

JamieB:
Flavour, even

*J*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version