Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

As a portly teen, I was once charged by my boss to go and change a lightbulb for his grandmother. The grandmother's house was abig old Victorian thing with high ceilings and needlessly ornate plaster roses around the light fittings. Of course, the old dear didn't have any ladders and gave me a chair to stand on. The chair, predictably, collapsed while I was at full-stretch and, due to instinctive grasping, I landed amidst the splintery ruin of the chair still clutching the light fitting whilst the remains of the now not quite so ornate plaster rose fell all about.

The old girl, her face a picture of bemused restraint, looked down at me with a mug of tea in one hand and a plate of macaroons in the other and said, 'well... I think I could probably have done that.'

Does anyone else have an amusing anecdote about macaroons?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: Temponaut on 26 October, 2012, 11:19:16 AM
Best advice I've ever been given:

when you're having difficulty understanding what people are telling you, hang the dressing gown on the hook, place the towel by the panel, put the mail on the towel, then press the button.

Now that is quality advice.  15-year-old me would have killed someone for that advice, instead of just screaming incoherently at the computer for hour after frustrating hour.

As to macaroons, for some reason they evoke no memories whatsoever.   

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 26 October, 2012, 05:06:31 PM
As a portly teen, I was once charged by my boss to go and change a lightbulb for his grandmother. The grandmother's house was abig old Victorian thing with high ceilings and needlessly ornate plaster roses around the light fittings. Of course, the old dear didn't have any ladders and gave me a chair to stand on. The chair, predictably, collapsed while I was at full-stretch and, due to instinctive grasping, I landed amidst the splintery ruin of the chair still clutching the light fitting whilst the remains of the now not quite so ornate plaster rose fell all about.

The old girl, her face a picture of bemused restraint, looked down at me with a mug of tea in one hand and a plate of macaroons in the other and said, 'well... I think I could probably have done that.'

Does anyone else have an amusing anecdote about macaroons?

I remember they were in the world cup once but my knowledge of the cross over between sweets andthings sporty is limited.
DDT did a job on me

Frank

I only remember the Macaroons because of that hip-y little dance Roger Milla Jovovich did every time she scored a goal.

LES LIONS INDOMPTABLES

TordelBack

Quote from: sauchie on 26 October, 2012, 07:45:13 PM
I only remember the Macaroons because of that hip-y little dance Roger Milla Jovovich did every time she scored a goal

You know a link isn't for you when you go in expecting a clip from Resident Evil and still come away disappointed.

Goaty

I think Karl Urban is sexy man alive!

Frank

Quote from: Goaty on 26 October, 2012, 08:19:36 PM
I think Karl Urban is sexy man alive!

That much was clear from the pictures of you clutching him and Garland like trophies. Don't tell me that bulge in your jeans was just your house keys.

Goaty

I think you're jealous, sauchie.

so tell me you don't think Karl looks sexy as below;

COMMANDO FORCES

Frank

Quote from: Goaty on 26 October, 2012, 08:32:42 PM
I think you're jealous, sauchie.

Of course I'm jealous, Lord Goaty. I'd be more jealous if it was Thirlby you'd had a wee cuddle with, though.

Spikes

Sci-fi makes perfect sense, but girls remain a mystery? Love being a Geek, but hate being single?
Then you need SiliconeSigourney

COMMANDO FORCES

So now we know what Roger has been up to :-X

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 October, 2012, 07:54:03 PM
You know a link isn't for you when you go in expecting a clip from Resident Evil and still come away disappointed.

Console yourself with discussion of whether The Portman's had some surgical lifting and separating done.

TordelBack

Attention Farmers:  Electric light is now widely available in western Europe.  On this basis please stop encouraging my children to wake up at a time your political puppets deem to be 05:30.   

Bubba Zebill

My gate is frozen shut.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105