Main Menu

Unfollow by Rob Williams

Started by Ancient Otter, 30 August, 2015, 10:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancient Otter

New Vertigo series by Rob starting in November:

QuoteUNFOLLOW #1

Written by Rob Williams, art by Michael Dowling, cover by Matt Taylor.

A dying social media mogul leaves his billions to be split evenly between 140 random people--or however many of them are still alive at the moment of his death. Williams and Dowling assemble a cast that includes a young black man trying to get by in St. Louis, an Iranian reporter in need of hope, a retired special forces soldier with a strange sense of purpose, and a thrill-seeking heiress, in this thriller that shows we're all still part of the food chain.

Colin YNWA

Yeah I'm giving that a pop. Rob Williams and an interesting sounding concept. Gotta be worth a pop right. Just hope it finds an audience, last two Vertigo books I've picked up have limited through to curtailed endings, shame as they've both been very good (Hinterkind and FBP).

Montynero

I just read it and it's truly touched by genius. Such a smart idea and beautifully executed. Rob just gets better and better and Mike is at the top of his game. Do not miss!

Link Prime

Fungus

Me too. Sounds highly intriguing.
Except it's social media. Vomit. It's a testament to Mr Williams' writing that I'd still give this a go...
Will be picking up the Martian Manhunter trade (whenever that appears). Can't seem to find the early issues. Looks wacky and entertaining and frankly, the boy can write.

Pegasus P Artichoke

Picked this up today at the local FP and read it on the way home on the bus

Excellent stuff, really enjoyed it. Love the simple yet captivating idea of it get the impression that it's going to really get serious and crank up the tension in future issues

Looking forward to reading more from this series and seeing were it ends up
We'll give them back their heroes

Timothy

Got this at Thought Bubble today. A really gripping opening for a series that I will most certainly be following (weak pun intended).

Colin YNWA

Yeah as I've said elsewhere, got it, loved it.

Apestrife

Read the second issue the other day. Really liked it. Especially the world building.

Hope it keeps some if it's mysteries intact, similar to 100Bullets. I don't know if I want a character like Rubinstein unmasked ;)

Also cool hear that it's getting picked up for television.

Link Prime

I picked up the 2nd issue last night myself, very sold stuff.
Mike Dowling is producing some beautiful artwork on this.

Colin YNWA

Yeah I've got and read this and while I'm sure I'll say more over at the 'Mega comicbook day' thread suffice to say its a damned good read. BUT what I really want to ask is whether its just me or are Mike Dowling's inks starting to get more and more like Arthur Ranson's?

Hawkmumbler

Yeah, i've read #2 also and it's another thumbs up from me. Cracki comics with a real sense of mystery to it with some cracking art to accompany it.

Timothy

I dropped this after the first issue, not because I disliked it but because I'm tight-fisted and wanted to wait for it to be collected. Well now it has been, and a cracking collection it is too. Highly recommended.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 20 May, 2016, 01:18:58 PM
I dropped this after the first issue, not because I disliked it but because I'm tight-fisted and wanted to wait for it to be collected. Well now it has been, and a cracking collection it is too. Highly recommended.

Seriously any fans of Rob's writing should be reading this its quite brilliant and seems to struggle for numbers which is an absolute crying shame.