Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakira? Shakara!

Is Kingmaker still going or is this likely to be a good done-in-one collection to grab?

Also, what is Dead Men Walking? Not ringing any bells with me - side bar says David Bishop / Ben Wilshire / Boo Cook which doesn't sound familiar. It's been years since Bish wrote for the Prog or Meg so it must be something I've read in the past.

Tjm86

Dead Men walking goes back a bit.  One of Cook's earliest pieces.  Mash up of a prison movie and a zombie movie IIRC.  Not bad as these things go.  A one and done.

ISTR Kingmaker being left on a bit of cliffhanger with unresolved threads.  Mind you we've only just had the next volume of Helium and some of us are still waiting for Tully and Gibbons to finish off a Dan Dare story from 40 odd years ago ...

IndigoPrime

Good grief. Was it really six years since Kingmaker was in the prog? I wish we could clone Ian Edginton so he was as prolific as Abnett. I'd love to see more Brass Sun, Helium, Kingmaker, Scarlet Traces, Stickleback and Ampney Crucis (roughly in order of preference/'need').

davidbishop

Quote from: Tjm86 on 22 December, 2023, 02:34:55 PMDead Men walking goes back a bit.  One of Cook's earliest pieces.  Mash up of a prison movie and a zombie movie IIRC.  Not bad as these things go.  A one and done.

ISTR Kingmaker being left on a bit of cliffhanger with unresolved threads.  Mind you we've only just had the next volume of Helium and some of us are still waiting for Tully and Gibbons to finish off a Dan Dare story from 40 odd years ago ...

Intrigued to seeing how Dead Men Walking reads in collected form...

Funt Solo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 22 December, 2023, 03:42:06 PMGood grief. Was it really six years since Kingmaker was in the prog?

No. March 2022. Ended on a cliffhanger. Said "Kingmaker returns in 'The Twilight Kingdom'". (In the twilight of our lives, more like.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

Ah. Barney not being updated then. And my brain not doing so well in terms of memor-thing.

Funt Solo

I was perfectly willing to believe it had been six years, until I checked my A-Z.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

I, Cosh

Pretty sure a recent preview said Kingmaker was back for a final series early in the new year.
We never really die.

broodblik

Quote from: I, Cosh on 23 December, 2023, 12:28:52 PMPretty sure a recent preview said Kingmaker was back for a final series early in the new year.

Yes I also read it, I know the link is somewhere on this forum
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

castle4

For the final time this year, and earlier than I expected, latest Hatchette volumes safely arrived (165 Survival Geeks and 166 Dan Dare). Merry Christmas one and all!

castle4

Just noticed the DD volume has a misprinted credits page that relates to the upcoming Harry 20 collection. The DD volume contains the first 51 Progs.

Swerty

Anyone do a comparison to the rebellion vol 1 Dan Dare oh and are the colour centrespeads intact

castle4

Contents of Harry 20 volume (misprinted in DD vol 1)

levers

How do people rate Proteus Vex and Survival Geeks?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: levers on 29 December, 2023, 01:04:36 PMHow do people rate Proteus Vex and Survival Geeks?

Both really good. Proteus Vex is quite superb space opera stuff with astonishing art first by Henry Flint then Jake Lynch. Defo worth trying if you've not.

Survival Geeks goes from cute fun to really good and have to say improved no end when I last re-read. Art is lush too.