2000 AD > Announcements

2000 AD ART STARS – enter now!

<< < (2/7) > >>

sheridan:
Good news (though I hope the less serious applications are still in abundance, even if they're not suitable for print*).

*by which I mean jokey and scribbled, not just than X-rated!

Dandontdare:
If we don't get one of Buttonman's piss-stained MS PAINT creations on the back of the prog, I'm cancelling my sub!

But seriously, I'm guessing a certain Mr Lambert is going to be featuring in a Star Scan very soon!

Woolly:

--- Quote from: sheridan on 10 May, 2018, 01:09:46 PM ---Good news (though I hope the less serious applications are still in abundance, even if they're not suitable for print*).

*by which I mean jokey and scribbled, not just than X-rated!

--- End quote ---

My thoughts also.
Brilliant as this news is, I hope the art competitions don't just become a testing ground for professional artists.

Woolly:
On reflection, my last post makes me look a bit of a negative twat, so I'll try and do better!

This is truly awesome news - many of our past winners have deserved to grace the prog, and the idea that this is now a reality (and a fully paid one to boot!) is frankly jaw-dropping. (And yes, there's a massive chance that Andy Lambert is going to win one of these, and I genuinely hope he does. And Brian Corcorran. And Dark Jimbo. This should never be considered a reason not to enter!)
Also, as this news is being widely spread I would imagine a fair few new faces on the board's art threads, which can only be good news.

Once again, Tharg leads the way.
And, once again, my everlasting thanks to Jim Campbell and CFM for making all of this possible in the first place. May your KTT's never tarnish.

Andy Lambert:
Thank you for the show of confidence in me, chaps - I'm very humbled. I think the competition will be extremely fierce now there's a chance to have one's work appear in the prog! I hope everyone entering this and future competitions does extremely well and has a great time taking part! I think this is very exciting but rather nerve-wracking!

I have a few questions:
Since they're Star Scans, do all entries need to be in colour, or is black and white still allowed?
Is it one entry per person this time, or can one still submit more than one piece?
If someone wins the competition one month, are they allowed to enter again or does winning exclude them from future contests?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version